LPR For IPC-B5442E-Z4E

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I really wish Dahua would just modernize their interface. Being optimized for IE makes it at least a decade outdated. I love their cameras, but their interface would be right at home in 2006.
They are. Andy has confirmed all new FW moving forward will be compatible with modern browsers.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That would be nice. I'll believe it when I see it though. Shocking that it's taken them this long, it's clearly not a priority for them.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
That would be nice. I'll believe it when I see it though. Shocking that it's taken them this long, it's clearly not a priority for them.
windows 11 will not include internet explorer...
so they have to work on it...

only concerns i have is installing the virus aka "active x plugin.exe" ... i dont see any problems with internet explorer or the look of the webinterface.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i dont see any problems with internet explorer or the look of the webinterface.
But of course it's a huge problem when you don't use Windows. That means all mobile devices (!!!), Ubuntu and it's cousins, Mac... That's a serious problem.

And even when using Windows it causes me physical pain to fire up that antiquainted standards breaking monstrosity known as IE.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you don't use Windows
if you dont use windows , you know what problems you have.
why should someone develop software for around 2% linux-client-user and 15% mac user ?

also you can run VMs on both systems...

physical pain
maybe a psychologist can help with that problem...

mobile devices
if you want to watch, you can use any available app
but for config these devices are complete useless ...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I really wish Dahua would just modernize their interface. Being optimized for IE makes it at least a decade outdated. I love their cameras, but their interface would be right at home in 2006.

check this

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today i watch the review for the IPC-B5442E-Z4E, this professional guy's 1 star review make me a little shocked. Let me analysis it.

1. The first issue he asked about sending data to an unknow website, he even haven't activate his camera how can know send the camera's ID and PW to a overseas website?
2. As a man who has 500cams even can't make activate the camera and change the IP, the 500cams he used is Photography cam?
He said the password have to share his email address then can get one, this is really BS.

This kind of professional guy has a lot on the youtube or amazon. I think most newbie here can do activate the camera without any problem. ;)
Sure he can do a review, but better not act to be a professional expert.

1631089198903.png

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Today i watch the review for the IPC-B5442E-Z4E, this professional guy's 1 star review make me a little shocked. Let me analysis it.

1. The first issue he asked about sending data to an unknow website, he even haven't activate his camera how can know send the camera's ID and PW to a overseas website?
2. As a man who has 500cams even can't make activate the camera and change the IP, the 500cams he used is Photography cam?
He said the password have to share his email address then can get one, this is really BS.

This kind of professional guy has a lot on the youtube or amazon. I think most newbie here can do activate the camera without any problem. ;)
This was already discussed here:

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
My need is around 120 Feet away. Will this suffice or do I need the Z12E you speak of? The camera is on side of house about ten feet up. Only fair lighting at night.

ch01_20221031_123903_E.jpg