LTS 4 MP turret CMIP3042W-28 -- what bitrate/frame rate are you using?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got all my cameras mounted, and most of them are the LTS 4 MP turrets (CMIP3042W-28). Now it's time to monkey with all the settings.

If you have the same or similar camera, what quality/bit rate/frame rate did you land on for a good quality/storage compromise?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of these that I really like in daytime, night time has been a challenge, I finally put up an external ir in the area for each camera, hopefully you will have more area lighting in your situation than I do. I haven't been able to get quality good enough at night to run these at 4MP so I have left them at 2MP. I use a method from the forum here to switch image settings so I can get the best settings for day and night (I need different day and night settings for my situations - I'm using Blue Iris by the way). I'm able to change basic settings with this method but I can't change from 4MP in day to 2MP at night. I'm curious to see what kind of luck you have at night, I have no doubt you will like them in daytime. I'm using variable bit rate with highest quality, 6144 max, 15 fps.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Variable, medium quality, 8fps, 2600 max. not sure why but indoor mounting I don't see issues with low light. probably cause ir is enough. outdoor may need additional lighting but ive seen really nice outdoor quality too.