LTS CMIP8232 Cube Camera Audio Question

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased two of these little cameras to use by my front and back doors with the intent of capturing audio when someone is at the door. I am trying to figure out how to set these up for playback on an iMac desktop. There are several audio encoding options available does anyone happen to know the correct way to do this? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that I have the audio turned on but I am not totally sure. It seems odd to me that some features you can set on the NVR and they hold and other settings only available through the camera interface hold and some don't. I was told by Razer that he frequently sets these cameras at 15 fps and Iframe at 15. I can set mine through the camera interface and the 15 fps holds and Iframe defaults back to 50. (I am not running my 2332's at 3mp didn't like the distortion). I was hoping someone who had already been through this audio thing on a mac would see this and save me some frustration.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that I have the audio turned on but I am not totally sure. It seems odd to me that some features you can set on the NVR and they hold and other settings only available through the camera interface hold and some don't. I was told by Razer that he frequently sets these cameras at 15 fps and Iframe at 15. I can set mine through the camera interface and the 15 fps holds and Iframe defaults back to 50. (I am not running my 2332's at 3mp didn't like the distortion). I was hoping someone who had already been through this audio thing on a mac would see this and save me some frustration.
Whether you are using a mac or pc shouldnt matter...but you certainly need to enable the audio either via the camera itself or nvr if thats an option..by default the camera arrives with video only.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman between you and Milk I was finally able to find where the setting was! The older I get the less tech savy I become. Sorry for the inconvenience its Hell to get old!