LTS DVR Networking/Web Interface Help

evad714

n3wb
Reaction score
DVR Model: LTN8716K-P16

I have been trying to set up web client for this DVR and not sure what to try next.

Configuration>Network>General
enable dhcp checked
enable dns chcp checked

Configuration>Network>DDNS
Enable DDNS checked
DDNS type LTS
Area/Country Custom
Server Address ns1.dvrlists.com
device domain name xxxx.dvrlists.com
status DDNS status is normal
user name XXXX@gmail
password ****

click the test button = Test Succeeded

DVR is plugged directly into an ATT uverse router - Arris NVG599
ports 80, 8000, 8554 have been set up

Every time I have tried my dvrlists.com ddns, I get nothing. Until just now as I'm typing this, it worked for the first time. I typed it in, and got to the log on screen for the DVR (using Chrome). Switched to Safari, doesnt work. Tried firefox, doesnt work.

Using my IP address, I have been able to reach the log in page for the DVR more often than not (But only with Chrome. and even that fails often. Safari and Firefox time out, every single time.)

So I have only been able to log in with Chrome and there was no video because it says no plug in detected. I downloaded the plug in from LTS site and installed it on my mac, but same issue in chrome. And Safari and Firefox still cant get to the log in page.

Any tips, suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to clarify. When you are inside your home (ON network) you are using the IP address NOT your DDNS address correct?

evad714

n3wb
Reaction score
correct. however, sometimes the ddns address does work. usually it does not.

currently I can only get to the log in screen immediately following a reboot of the nvr. then I can log in and everything works (except the plug in which is my own issue). But after that initial log in, I can not reach the log in page again without rebooting the nvr. error is "site cant be reached. took to long to respond."

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You have a static IP set in the NVR, correct?

You shouldn't be using DDNS address inside your network.

This sounds more like a Routing/Router issue than an NVR issue.

Have you tried taking your router back to factory defaults and starting fresh?

When your browser says it can't be located or times out, have you tried going to cmd prompt and pinging the IP?

evad714

n3wb
Reaction score
Static yes. Didn't know about the ddns while inside the network. thank you. restored the router. Started over with everything and am back up and running normally. Thanks for your help! again.