LTS/Hikvision Junction Box

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing some turret style cameras (LTS CMIP3342W) beneath my soffits. These locations already have CAT6 ran to them, and it's simply "poking out" of the vinyl soffit. I'm planning to use junction boxes so I can hide the cable connection and excess wire (and also so I don't have to drill a huge hole), but the junction boxes by LTS all seem to have the side cable gland which I won't be using since my cables are coming in from above.

Does anyone know if I can just remove this gland and plug it with a blank plate or something? Does this come with the junction box? I would prefer not to have a big cable gland that is poking out of the side of the junction box if I do not have to.

Junction box for LTS: Junction Box for CMIP30XX,CMIP11XX Series, LTB307

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if they were NOT removable, then screw in one of these blank plugs sold by Home Depot, Lowes, etc. in the electrical section. The metal outdoor boxes come with metal plugs, the PVC boxes with PVC. Most are 3/4", there may be some 1/2" also....not sure.

With the metal ones, I'd either wrap the threads with 2-3 turns of plumber's Teflon tape before screwing in or caulk with clear or white outdoor-rated silicone sealant.

metal_box_hole_plugs.jpg