LTS NVR Very Slow and Crashes during Export

Reaction score
Hi,
Model: LTN8964-R
56 IP Cameras
37TB Total Capacity

My NVR has been working fine for 4 years now. This week I go to playback footage from the app and I get error 8200. I needed the footage asap so I go straight to the NVR. It is extremely sluggish and I can’t access the playback menu at all.

I try a hard reboot. No luck. I try to export the footage from the export tab for a 1 minute period. It takes over 5 minutes and then crashes. I boot up and check the HDD status and HDD1 says repairing.

Should I assume that HDD1 has failed? How do I identify the HDD causing the issues?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like indeed one of the hard drives have failed. Typical Hik that has this issue when one hard drive fails and it puts all resources into an effort to recover the harddrive failure. Reboot may assist? Or swapping harddrive?

Reaction score
Sounds like indeed one of the hard drives have failed. Typical Hik that has this issue when one hard drive fails and it puts all resources into an effort to recover the harddrive failure. Reboot may assist? Or swapping harddrive?
reboot didn’t help. Tried multiple reboots. I had installed 4 purple WD 2 years ago so I don’t think those have failed. I’ve been trying to run the smart self test on HDD1 and it’s been hanging at 90% for 10 mins so I think that’s my culprit. Will replace and report back.