Lux from camera

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!
Is there a way to get the illuminance of an ambient from a Dahua camera?
I need to turn on some lights in the evening, but only when it gets dark and I don't have an external light sensor.
Thanks!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all!
Is there a way to get the illuminance of an ambient from a Dahua camera?
I need to turn on some lights in the evening, but only when it gets dark and I don't have an external light sensor.
Thanks!
Not that I'm aware of. I think it would be easier to buy a photocell.

110v to 220v:

Outdoor Hard-Wired Post Eye Light Control with Photocell Light Sensor, 120-277VAC 50/60Hz, Dusk to Dawn Light Sensor, photocell Sensor for Outdoor Light (cUL Listed)-2 Pack
Low voltage:

Photocell Switch, Mini Light Switching Sensor Remote Photocell Dusk to Till Dawn, with Automatic Illumination Detection Circuit, 8-50V DC Wide Voltage LED Automatic Control Switch

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. I think it would be easier to buy a photocell.

110v to 220v:

Outdoor Hard-Wired Post Eye Light Control with Photocell Light Sensor, 120-277VAC 50/60Hz, Dusk to Dawn Light Sensor, photocell Sensor for Outdoor Light (cUL Listed)-2 Pack
Low voltage:

Photocell Switch, Mini Light Switching Sensor Remote Photocell Dusk to Till Dawn, with Automatic Illumination Detection Circuit, 8-50V DC Wide Voltage LED Automatic Control Switch
Hi CanCuba,
I need to use it in my logic in Node Red...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi CanCuba,
I need to use it in my logic in Node Red...
Gotcha. There are people who are far more knowledgeable than I who can come up with a solution. Through the Dahua API, you may be able to find a proper trigger.