Mac Access To Live Video—Safari.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a clean, native way to stream live video from any DAHUA IP CAM when I'm logged in directly? I have tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome... Also, Smart PSS and ConfigTool, apps.... no video streaming.... of course I can see video via SecuritySpy but that's it. I feel like I had this working in the past. Installing the super-outdated plugin (as shown below) does nothing.

Current Setup:
MacOs 10.15.7
Safari 15.6.1

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why does Dahua seemingly not support current operating systems, such as macOS, Win11 etc, from working out of the box with the video stream. Safari should just work without an abandoned 32-bit plugin last updated 5-7 years ago! How are professionals in the field looking at the stream from each camera directly? The current process seems ridiculously clunky, there must be a better way.

Rob

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NACL with Chrome on mac seems to work.
i’ve used it before but it was not working today so I deleted the NaCl plug-in and when I went to reinstall it was not available. On further inspection it seems that it’s out of production and no longer being distributed from what I could tell.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
i’ve used it before but it was not working today so I deleted the NaCl plug-in and when I went to reinstall it was not available. On further inspection it seems that it’s out of production and no longer being distributed from what I could tell.
yea i had thought that too, but just did this last week and nacl worked fine. i did have to get rid of the older one i had, and dl the new version it prompted me too

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just upgraded my iMac to macOS 12.6 and now when I launch Smart PSS I have the live view option which was not showing previously. I think I was previously stuck in the Devices section without understanding how to return home. Also, the application seems very sluggish, but this could be Apple's 12.6 OS robbing too many cycles.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Amcrest Web View extension also works well with Chrome.
I'm not able to see the "Amcrest Web View" extension in the current version of Chrome. I see references to it in 2017. Is it possible that it was removed from the store? I bet if you delete yours you will not be able to reinstall it.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bet if you delete yours you will not be able to reinstall it.
I've been using this for a long time and you're right it doesn't appear to be available in the Chrome Web Store. I guess I won't be deleting this anytime soon.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I use Chrome for all my Dahua cameras without the plugin. I can access the live stream and change settings from the local camera web gui.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk