Machine for BlueIris NVR

LL0rd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need a little help. Currently I want to set up a new machine for a Blue Iris NVR. In my Network, I have different Cameras. Most of them are 5-8k Cameras from Reolink. Currently I have 17 Cameras attached, but some others can follow. And when I get access to another NVR, maybe I have another 18 Cams. So currently 17 Cameras, 20 in nearest Future and maybe lets round it up to 40 Cameras to the end of the year. For most cameras I don't need a recording. They are just to watch (the Animals on my property).

I need 24/7 recording on about 10 Cameras and also on the same 10 cameras Trigger with AI. But to be honest, the trigger event does not happen very often.

My current Test-Machine is an more or less old i3-3220 (2 Cores / 4 V-Cores) Machine and the CPU is at 50% all the time, with just 5 Cameras. And when I exported a 3 min Clip with h264 Encoding, the CPU Load was at 100% and the machine unresponsive. On the other Hand, I have in my current main machine a i7-8700 CPU. The CPU wants about 50W in the Idle state and about 100W at full load. I think, it's a bit to much, isn't it.

Another alternative to a complete new system is a i3-7100 CPU, I have currently in stock. It's also "just" a 2 Core / 4 Thread CPU with about 30W in Idle and 50W TDP.

The GPU for this system would be a GTX 1050 Ti.

What would you do? Using the existing Hardware or buying something new? Currently I have absolutely no feeling for what I need.