macOS Catalina will kill your SmartPSS

owt

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that SmartPSS is a 32-bit application. Apple has been warning macOS users and developers about the end of 32-bit software support for quite some time. With macOS Catalina (macOS 10.15), the end is actually here. 32-bit software just won’t run in macOS Catalina. It won’t be slow, sluggish or result in a warning — 32-bit apps will simply not run or open whatsoever.

Why is Apple dropping support for 32-bit apps in macOS Catalina?
Here's what Apple has to say on the subject:

"All modern Macs include powerful 64-bit processors, and macOS runs advanced 64-bit apps, which can access dramatically more memory and enable faster system performance. The technologies that define today's Mac experience—such as Metal graphics acceleration—work only with 64-bit apps. To ensure that the apps you purchase are as advanced as the Mac you run them on, all future Mac software will eventually be required to be 64-bit."

macOS Catalina (macOS 10.15) will be released as a free update between September and November of 2019.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One possible alternative:
"As you may know, macOS Catalina drops support for 32-bit Mac. Still want to run those applications? It’s not a problem for Parallels Desktop users. Just create a macOS VM for Mojave or High Sierra, or any other recent macOS. You can run those applications in that macOS VM. And the best part is that there’s no cost in creating a macOS VM. Watch for a future blog post with all the details."
That statement is in
Just Released! Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac - Parallels Blog

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense why a 32-bit app can't run in a 64-bit OS. It's usually the other way around. The 32-bit app only knows and sees 32-bit memory addressing space. Perhaps, the MacOS is reserving the first 32-bit memory space for system area.

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
32 bit apps require their own libraries and services. The only reason they still work on 64 bit machines is because the OS developers choose to still waste time coding support in.
I'm not normally a fan of Apple, or obsolescence, but there's no excuse for modern apps to still be 32 bit only, and there are plenty of solutions to keep running older apps if they're important to you.

Reactions: owt

Martin69

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem. You could try to enter the IP adress of the camera (mine is a Dahua). Then you can install 'Easy Viewer', with the same functionality as Smart PSS.

ruzin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, I've finally found it!!! Public beta 64-bit Smart PSS, a bit buggy but definitely usable on macOS Catalina 10.15

To download click here. (if the link is dead for any reason let me know and I'll re-upload it)

TEHNO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, I've finally found it!!! Public beta 64-bit Smart PSS, a bit buggy but definitely usable on macOS Catalina 10.15

To download click here. (if the link is dead for any reason let me know and I'll re-upload it)
Hello, just update my iMac to from mojave to catalina os, and have some problems:

don't find how to configure IVS lines, video live is not full screen - only half of window.

maybe someone have update or information about my problem ?

Last edited:

ruzin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, just update my iMac to Mojave os, and have some problems:

don't find how to configure IVS lines, video live is not full screen - only half of window.

maybe someone have update or information about my problem ?
Those are the issues and bugs I talked about in my post. But if you are using Mojave you can go with the 32 bit official version. Download it from here:
it's the second in the list, the one with MAC in the title ;)