Mailbox gets creamed.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
GOOOOOAAAAAL!

sorry, that looked more like a penalty kick than a distracted driver haha.. im sure tha'll buff right out.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will probably cost him more to fix his damage then your new mailbox.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what a maroon! (as bugs-bunny was fond of saying) kid was probably texting...

Sloppy Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
Lucky that mail box was there to get their attention, if it wasn't there they were on a direct course to hit that telephone pole just a little further down the road. Hitting that would have totally ruined their day.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No way was that a distracted driver. The driving and moves were way to precise distracted drivers are all over like drunks

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Nobody, let alone a kid driving what I assume is Daddy's car, is going to do that on purpose unless they have a passenger with a baseball bat. I'd bet a dollar that it was a fadeover while texting and the driver's seat needed a good steam cleaning after that happened. I watched nearly the same thing while visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago. I was standing in their driveway near the road and a neighbourhood girl drove by in a Fiat with a pink cellphone up high on the steering wheel. She faded off onto the shoulder and just missed the mailboxes but threw up a bunch of dust. She was about 20 km/h over the limit too.

Sloppy Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
^ I agree with Kawboy, Kid's typically don't hit mailboxes with with their parents car at that speed on purpose. Makes explaining the dents on the hood, fender or broken side mirror to mom and dad a bit problematic. That kid was definitely distracted by something and clipped the mailbox.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lucky that mail box was there to get their attention, if it wasn't there they were on a direct course to hit that telephone pole just a little further down the road. Hitting that would have totally ruined their day.
That's what I was thinking. Also a few more centimetres and he was in that culvert as well which could have had some interesting results.