Major problems connecting to server from outside home network

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did Anyone allready contacted Ken for this?

I thought it was due to my No-IP account , but it seems that it happends as well with the direct Ip adress.

Cor

trev-man

n3wb
Reaction score
I've dropped a couple lines to him, but my support statue has lapse to low level or non-support. Not sure if there is a email support level filtering going on there or what.... I did get a response from him on my first email attempt, but it was a "try the latest update and renew your support" suggestion. I don't blame him... it's a way to filter out all same "fix it" emails. If the port 80 suggestion is working for you and you do have email support ... Please pass it on to him... He maybe working on it now, who knows.. I guess I should renew......

Trev

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here , no support anymore. That's why I asked if someone allready asked Ken about this.

I am using port 84.

Cor

trev-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Cor
Interesting..... I still get the random login rejections " the issue" on ports 81-84, but have found that port 8080 is very stable just as the port 80.
The test: login - logout 15 times, exit app, restart app, login - logout 15 times, shutdown/restart BI on PC, restart app, login - logout 10 times.... no hiccup's.

Note: viewing the connection status on the failed connections "ports 81-84, 8081" the IP address is random about 5 different IPs. it's only when ports 80 or 8080 are set the ip connection is the same. While on 8080 an IP was logged 46.174.191.32 hostname " ? " ... trace backed to the UK as a [portscan] proxy-checker: tcp/8080 / under port 80 I get someone under 139.162.111.98 scan-63.security.ipip.net Galloway, Ohio

Just can't win.....

BI 4.5.9.8
Android 7.0
ATT/Cricket
ATT DSL

Trev

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK , thanks , it looks very complicated :idk:

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cor, it doesn't have to be complicated. Your router may have openvpn built in; those are imho simple to setup.

Back OT regarding login issues, I have been experiencing intermittent hang ups when I login to my server from the android app. It is not a complete fail, but if the app is set to show alerts first, when I first login the app hangs on the progress circle. When this happens, switching to 'cameras' usually gets everything working. My workaround has been using 'cameras first'.

I have also noted that (for 2 updates iirc) the alerts page in the app is much slower to load up. Used to be nearly instant, now it sometimes takes 5-10sec to load alerts.

This is both at home and remote through vpn... makes no diff. Using HA and d2d as well.

Kev

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the alert list also slow to load when you use a web browser? Note that an alert list and a clip list is not the same thing.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Browser alert list access from my phone or lan pc is instantaneous.

Kev

Reaction score
I've had the same problem for months now.... I am running the "latest" BI mobile Android app.... ver 2.0.48 . As with others, accessing on LAN works fine. Accessing via Chrome while on 4G LTE takes multiple attempts and usually will connect....usually. Anything new with this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had the same problem for months now.... I am running the "latest" BI mobile Android app.... ver 2.0.48 . As with others, accessing on LAN works fine. Accessing via Chrome while on 4G LTE takes multiple attempts and usually will connect....usually. Anything new with this?
are you using a ddns service?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has been happening to me. I keep hitting connect until it eventually connects. I have a static IP I've tried both my domain name and IP address. Any ideas to further troubleshooting?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This has been happening to me. I keep hitting connect until it eventually connects. I have a static IP I've tried both my domain name and IP address. Any ideas to further troubleshooting?
I would email support. What router are you using?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I personally have had problems performing port forwarding with uVerse Arris modems.

Had this been working fine in the past then suddenly starting having issues or has it been this way from the beginning?

@fenderman recently solved an issue a forum member was having with LTE remote BI access on uVerse modem...turned out to be his McAfee firewall. Read the post here.