Make a Hik's PTZ disappear, hide. Hit Me!

K3vlar

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to hide a camera. It should blend into the surroundings, but a PTZ is quite large, do you have suggestions on how to make it be hidden. I first thought to make it as a stone but then it will be to close to the ground. We do have 1.5m of snow at winter so it need to be on some kind of a pole or similar but to blend in. Maybe a new birdnest will work? I need inputs to make a DIY It will be behind the fishpond detecting the area in front marked with arrows second pic

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why does it need to be hidden? Wife factor LOL?

Most people are oblivious to cameras, especially visitors or perps. Most wildlife too.

You can paint it to blend into the surroundings. Depending on which version you get, you may or may not be able to hide it in a birdhouse. A dome PTZ where the dome is sticking out the bottom would work.

K3vlar

n3wb
Reaction score
Why does it need to be hidden? Wife factor LOL?

Most people are oblivious to cameras, especially visitors or perps. Most wildlife too.

You can paint it to blend into the surroundings. Depending on which version you get, you may or may not be able to hide it in a birdhouse. A dome PTZ where the dome is sticking out the bottom would work.
Spot on! My wife hate techgadgets in our garden. I recently built a birdhousecam, but a ptz i kind of diffrent size, i the dpace for autotrack&patrol for it.
I have sn idea of take one of these polelights and make the ptz inside instead of the actual bulb.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's always the case LOL.

The pole light is a cool idea, but if the camera goes B/W infrared then it will blind itself with the reflection.

I think the dome camera in a birdhouse where only the dome part is visible coming out the bottom would be a safer bet.

Or have her run some errands and then put one out there real quick and see how long it takes her to notice it LOL.

If she isn't aware it is out there, then the fun is to see how long before she notices...and hope you don't get put in the doghouse when she does LOL.