Make Image every hour

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, is it possible on Dahua cameras to make JPG image every hour? I want to make Image of a construction site to later make a time laps...I have different Dahua Cameras on my desk to play arround but could not find this basic option, other cameras have.

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, is it possible on Dahua cameras to make JPG image every hour? I want to make Image of a construction site to later make a time laps...I have different Dahua Cameras on my desk to play arround but could not find this basic option, other cameras have.
I haven't tried this myself. Although, I was messing around the setting for other reasons. This is what I have come up with. LMK if it works.

There is a way to set a schedule for snapshots.

If you log in to your camera directly.

Under the storage heading on the left of the screen, there is subheading for schedule. Click on that

You can click on the tab for Snapshot Schedule.

Choose general and save the time of day you want to take the snapshot. Set for the days of the week you want.

Then under the camera heading on the left of the screen, click on video subheading, then choose snapshot tab.

Choose snapshot type: general
interval customized and then type in 3600.

I think that then would take one snapshot every 3600 seconds = 1 snapshot every hour.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the above would only work recording to the SD card or if you remained logged into the camera. As an alternative write a short batch script which pulls a snapshot off the camera using the http api.

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the above would only work recording to the SD card or if you remained logged into the camera. As an alternative write a short batch script which pulls a snapshot off the camera using the http api.
You can set it up to record to NAS or Elsewhere through FTP

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great finding Mike, i will give this a try.

I don't need NAS. If it saves to SD card it is fine for this project.