Make spotter cam move to PTZ preset ONLY IF and when....

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
....artificial intelligence (DeepStack, et al.) determines the trigger results in a confirmed AI target object.

From what I can tell, BlueIris will (when enabled) move the PTZ on the triggered event regardless of if AI confirms an object or not. Or, is there a way to have it move the PTZ only after AI confirmations?

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
....artificial intelligence (DeepStack, et al.) determines the trigger results in a confirmed AI target object.

From what I can tell, BlueIris will (when enabled) move the PTZ on the triggered event regardless of if AI confirms an object or not. Or, is there a way to have it move the PTZ only after AI confirmations?
I've been playing with this as well. Thought I had it but unsuccessful.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry mods, I meant to post this is the Blue Iris section since it's would need to be a BI feature and not specific to Dahau cams.

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have mine set up to move the camera from the alert tab and not the trigger tab. It is done from the triggering camera settings, not the PTZ camera setting.

That way on AI confirmed alerts trigger the PTZ to move.

If you need more help let me know and I can post screenshots.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes please, can you post a screen shot of where on the alerts page for the spotter cam you have it move the PTZ after AI confirms an object?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, I see....I had seen the DO COMMAND but I didn't take the time to see if there was a PTZ move command built in. You learn something new everyday, thanks so much!

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the ptz to return to previous preset
My PTZ camera has the option to get a return-to-home timer in the camera's internal settings. You could try the "On reset" from the triggering camera is shown with the "On Alert"

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
My PTZ camera has the option to get a return-to-home timer in the camera's internal settings. You could try the "On reset" from the triggering camera is shown with the "On Alert"
Thanks but I got the command to work in alerts