Making IP cam work with Raymarine mfd

Flipflap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I have been trying to make some ip cameras work with a Raymarine mfd (it can display the stream from ip cameras, it has no settings what so ever, all is auto detected.)

A Dahua cam that I have worked pretty much straight out of the box. But some others, provison and
KNC-HDBi230 KT&C I have not been able to make work. I am not sure what the problem is, but I think it may be the url. I have tinkered around with Vlc and the first Dahua camera has a very different url string.

I am rather desperate to make this work, and if somebody wants to have a look through teamviewer I can pay well for a solution to my problem :)

Reaction score
I'd guess it's the Onvif capabilities of the Dahua camera that made it compatible straight out of the box. Less expensive and less sophisticated cameras don't provide this.

Flipflap

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried another Dahua modell (mini dome). Did not work. Do you know if the url is transferred over the Onvif protocol? I think some investigation with wireshark is nessecersary...

Last edited:

Flipflap

n3wb
Reaction score
I´ve been using the Onvif Device manager. It reports the working camera as Onvif 2.02. The others are 2.04 and 2.3 I think.

Flipflap

n3wb
Reaction score
Upon deactivating onvif support on the other Dahua camera it works :)