Manage Dahua NVR and cameras with Mac?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Asking for a friend, I have 0 experience with Mac’s. Can you adequately manage Dahua nvr’s and cameras web GUI with a Mac?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Asking for a friend, I have 0 experience with Mac’s. Can you adequately manage Dahua nvr’s and cameras web GUI with a Mac?
In my experience you can manage most through SmartPSS but I never found a browser that didn’t want to try to install plug-ins that it could never find (if trying to manage the cameras via the IE icons) but you can get to Image, Encode, Camera Name and PTZ through Safari.

That said, your “friend” would be happier if they purchased a VM like Parallels and use the browser there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i assume you have, but I'll ask. Have you dug around the Dahua site. They used to have several MAC specific plugin's, SmartPSS and such under software.
I have NO experience with anything apple juice drinking.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used my Mac and Safari to access my cameras by way of my NVR. After clicking the “e” to open the camera, click open pop up in address bar.
You can see pictures in a previous post Help with IP conflicts and POE networking
I don’t get the “open pop up in address bar” option. Maybe I’m misunderstanding or you’re on a different MacOS or Safari version?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Clicking the IE icon for a camera while on the NVR registration page, opens a new window (popup to some) to login to the camera web GUI

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not following how you got there, but the gateway is grayed out becasue you shouldnt mess with it. Thats the internal switch gateway.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's grayed out because it is set to DHCP. If you would change it to static, you would be able to enter any address you want. But as @bigredfish stated, do not mess with that unless you know what you're doing.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's grayed out because it is set to DHCP. If you would change it to static, you would be able to enter any address you want. But as @bigredfish stated, do not mess with that unless you know what you're doing.
I know what I'm doing and my config is backed up on the NVR but for the internal switch shouldn't be 10.1.1.1 with the same default gateway? If you try and change the default gateway to match the OP it won't take which is understandable.
@bigredfish
Here's how I got there. Log on to NVR using Safari on my Mac. Click on Camera List, click on any of the IE icons which takes to a page with a plugin link.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And that page that’s asking for the plugin is the camera login page. Clicking it on a pc downloads the plugin, not sure what it does for a Mac sorry.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And that page that’s asking for the plugin is the camera login page. Clicking it on a pc downloads the plugin, not sure what it does for a Mac sorry.
It's after logging in, it's the live view page that's asking for a plug in. My apologies, this whole time I thought we were all talking about accessing the cameras from the IE icon via Safari on a Mac. Now I know. you guys are talking about PC which works fine without any alteration.