Manage Dahua NVR and cameras with Mac?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't have a lot of time but VPN'd home and recorded this quick video. No plug-ins used.
View attachment 71692
Okay, I at least figured out how you got the open pop up in address bar button. You have to change the pop-up settings under Websites in Safari preferences. But I still get the page asking to install plugins after I log in where I should see the live picture of my camera like you do. I assume we are both using the latest version of Catalina and Safari. I pasted screenshots of my Safari version and what I see instead of the live picture. I also attached my camera list which looks similar to yours in terms of "Private" and port numbers. I see a difference where you're using Dahua's private 37777 port for some of your cameras but the one your connecting to in your video is port 1 which is the way mine is setup so I don't think that's the issue. Maybe your cameras have a difference web server or something??? In any case, thank you so much for going through the trouble of logging in from work and making the video.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Without the plugin you wont see live video. Again Im not a Mac guy but if you can try another browser..

I also attached my camera list which looks similar to yours in terms of "Private" and port numbers. I see a difference where you're using Dahua's private 37777 port for some of your cameras but the one your connecting to in your video is port 1 which is the way mine is setup

That is correct for an NVR with builtin PoE ports.