Managing sense-ai models

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm new to AI and only just started with the newest sense-ai in BI. The initial setup process was a breeze using mostly defaults. I got proper operation using the built in ipcam-xxx models, and figured out how to get the license-plate working as well. Then I added delivery.pt, which took me down a different path. I thought just dropping delivery.pt in my deepstack/custom-models/ folder, and rebooting, that BI would pick it up and use it. That didn't work... then I figured out delivery.pt has to go in codeproject ai folders. Now it's working as expected, but it raises a concern over maintenance.

How are these models used by BI updated... any automatic updating? It seems since I manually had to add delivery.pt outside of BI, that will now be a manual maintenance point for the system. Not that I imagine needing to update the ai models very often, but I am curious what others are doing to manage their models used by BI. Any tips/tricks/links are appreciated.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm new to AI and only just started with the newest sense-ai in BI. The initial setup process was a breeze using mostly defaults. I got proper operation using the built in ipcam-xxx models, and figured out how to get the license-plate working as well. Then I added delivery.pt, which took me down a different path. I thought just dropping delivery.pt in my deepstack/custom-models/ folder, and rebooting, that BI would pick it up and use it. That didn't work... then I figured out delivery.pt has to go in codeproject ai folders. Now it's working as expected, but it raises a concern over maintenance.

How are these models used by BI updated... any automatic updating? It seems since I manually had to add delivery.pt outside of BI, that will now be a manual maintenance point for the system. Not that I imagine needing to update the ai models very often, but I am curious what others are doing to manage their models used by BI. Any tips/tricks/links are appreciated.
The CodeProject.AI team is planning for next year to work on better management of custom models, I do not know all the detail yet.