Manual For Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP PTZ Camera

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know of a link to this camera for specs, etc.? Thanks.

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
$35 bucks for a pole mount for this camera! And no manual.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here know that the Dahua and Hikvisions of the world do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras and NVRs instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get quality gear. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and Dahua support and thus are on our own to figure it out. And we are just fine with that! That is what forums like this are for!!!

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an upgrade for this camera? Config Tool mentioned that the camera was in "low" and need to be upgraded. I never cease to be amazed. Most of the cameras I've owned are Dahua. This is the first one that didn't work out of the box.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE THIS CAMERA. You will lose autotracking if you do. The newer firmwares remove it.

It is a PTZ with autotracking, so it does take some dialing in to your field of view.

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting configuration login error -20. Not sure what it is. SmartPSS shows the camera on but the DVR and switch don't.

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, NVR with PoE, or a NVR and a Switch with PoE? Which is the most reliable? NVR without PoE always require a switch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whichever way you go, the other would have been better LOL. I have had POE NVRs and the POE went out, so then I had to add a switch. Either way works.

An NVR without POE doesn't require a switch - you could do a POE injector for each camera (why I don't know but you could). The switch can be a dumb POE switch - doesn't need to be managed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, NVR with PoE, or a NVR and a Switch with PoE? Which is the most reliable? NVR without PoE always require a switch?
FWIW, per the specs linked in my post # 4 above, that SD49425XB-HNR PTZ in your OP requires DC 12V/3A or PoE+ (802.3at); not sure if a POE NVR (generally 802.3af) can supply the wattage required by that cam (Power Consumption: 13W ;21W with IR on). You might need a POE+ switch or POE+ injector for it if going the NVR route.

Maybe someone will chime in about that, as I'm a Blue Iris VMS and PC guy, far from a NVR authority.

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am going to start with a new PoE+ switch and if that doesn't work I will upgrade my hybrid DVR to an NVR. My hybrid DVR and switch are over 10 years old. The switch has taken a tumble a couple of times and the DVR replaced a hybrid DVR that died. Should probably just buy an NVR to give the PTZ cameras better bandwidth and the PoE switch for better power.

On the other problem of "configuration login error-20" the solution in web interface was: Setting, System, Safety, Sytem Service, and choosing "Compatibility Mode" That got me to this error "The login return time is up." which I'm thinking is related to faulty equipment.

Last edited:

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another way of putting it:

Hello. I have a new Loryta PTZ camera. I gave it a static IP address in my router. The camera is connected to my ZyXEL 2200 switch which is connected to my Dahua DVR. The camera displays in SmartPSS on my computer and in its internal IP address in web interface in Firefox. From the DVR it shows up in Remote Device and displays in Onvif mode in the DVR but not with static IP address. In Remote Device the camera is detected and will display in Onvif mode in DVR in HTTP Port 80 but not with static IP address assigned to it with Config Tool.

In Onvif mode the camera is sending data to the switch which displays on the monitor. Change to Private mode and static IP address and it displays, "The Login return time is up." What is the pesky problem here? Would an NVR remedy this kind of issue?

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow! I really like the way these components are working:
1. Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP PTZ Camera
2. Dahua (rebranded) NVR5208-4KS2

Big difference in performance. If you were to pick the best component based on weight it would be my old Dahua hybrid DVR. It is really heavy compared to the NVR 5208. The NVR 5208 and the four port PoE switch are working like clockwork! I put two hard drives in the new NVR but it appears to be recording to only one of them. Not sure what to do about that if anything. Also, are the green connectors there to wire something to?

Last edited:

RIPE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One thing about that PTZ I don't like is that the picture you get in Playback and in Digital Zoom is a square box, not 16:9 ratio. The picture is totally distorted. And the PTZ controls are not as fine tuned as either of my prior PTZ cameras. Its out of control and I would give definitely mark it down.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Playback is in the same ratio as what you see live...

You can adjust the "sensitivity" of the PTZ controls. Default is 5 which I personally find too much. I change it to 1 and have spot on control.