Max connection Streams in Hikvision DVR

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. We have an installation of 32channels on an dvr which has 128 max connections according to the pdf sheet.

As soon as 5 PC's are connected to the DVR by using Internet explorer, it doesnt accept anymore. So as far as i have learned, there is an streaming server option for this. But what is the max capacity of this option? There are 20Pc's which has to open the stream. What is the best solution in this case? Each pc most be able to open different stream.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My thoughts, and hope someone will interject if I'm way off.
What constitutes the 128 concurrent connections you mention are not clearly defined in your DVR's documentation. It may infer the DVR is capable of a combination of network connections and not dedicated solely to streaming connections.

To my knowledge, FF, Chrome and IE do not natively support RTSP and rely on Hikvision's webSDK plugin to display the live stream. I suspect this is where the 5 concurrent limit you mention stems from. Have you tried loading iVMS-4200 on the client PC's? You should be able to live stream all channels to every PC - provided you have the bandwidth and the DVR can cope with the overhead.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AS far as i have found out , the '' connections '' stands for the streams. so 1 stream is 1 connection..
As soon as i open the live view on 5 pc s ( 23 streams ) after the 6th it stops ( 5 x 23 = 115 ) So it could be true
Same for use with IVms 4200

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of interest, after you reach the limit, 115 if I follow correctly, try display the sub-streams (102, 202, 302 etc) on a different PC and see if they are visible.