Maxed out NVR Ports. How clear with invalid entries. Msg "No IP Camera for Deletion"

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the HK-7608NI-SE NVR, and 3 new bullet cameras. This is my home environment. I

have an existing 3-camera NVSCENTER system using a hard drive for the videos. I have spent several days of "trial

and Error (mostly error) attempts to get the -> NVSCenter cams<- configured on my new NVR. I can ping them log into each camera with browser (HTTPS access :82) but the NVR can's see then, and SADP can not see them. Generic scanner sees them. I added them manually, with one error in IP address... and shows 'active. (??)

I did have the new cameras working on the NVR only if I use 192.168.254.x IP. I have no idea why 254 is in this game.

If I use IP 192.168.1.x like is on my home network, the browsers access the NVSCenter cams work fine there, and also using iVMS-2000, but NOT with the 254 subnet.

My problem:
I have configured, and MAXED OUT the 8 port limit on the NVR trying things. I have two older IP Cams (192.168.1.x) in iVMS-2000 and the NVR. ...Same cameras I just bought 3 more. I now have 5 of the same model.)

I have used one of the (was)working new 192.168.254.x cameras by resetting it to camera defaults (192.168.1.64), and then let the NVR handle it with Plug-n-Play and/or manual "Add IP Camera".

When I click "OK' I get error "No more cameras allowed"

When I try to DELETE any existing camera configuration (not working,anyway) I get error message, "Camera does not exist" and the port can not be removed.
...but I can ping the camera, and log in with browser.

Summary:
In menu "Camera Setup"
"No IP Camera for Deletion"

The NVR van handle the new cameras when on my network, but when I move them to the NVR ports, I have to changed the IP to the 254 subnet, else thy do not work on the NVR ports.

The IP address of the NPR is DHCP from my router on 192.168.1.x

Any suggestions? How to delete/clear invalid configured ports?

Carl

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Maxed out NVR Ports. How clear with invalid entries. Msg "No IP Camera for Deleti

Any suggestions? How to delete/clear invalid configured ports?
You can't delete them, or use 'Add' when your channel number limit is reached - but you can 'Modify' them, so that you can mix and match cameras actually on the PoE ports and cameras that are on the same LAN as the NVR LAN port.
Set them to 'Manual mode' and configure with the required camera values.

*edit*
The NVR van handle the new cameras when on my network, but when I move them to the NVR ports, I have to changed the IP to the 254 subnet, else thy do not work on the NVR ports.
That's normal, the PoE ports are on their own IP segment, see my response to your other post(s).