Maximum Alerts 99,999?

Reaction score
I have several large Blue Iris servers that have 25+ cameras and 50-150 TB of storage so I can retain many months of video. I frequently see that the available alerts are maxed out at 99,999. Is there a way to increase the maximum storage value of the alerts? When I search back in time, I can only go back a month or two on the alerts, but my stored clips can go back many months. Obviously it becomes difficult to find older events without having alerts available.

Background: Our company receives electronic components from customers, which we then test and return to the customers. The videos are primarily used to assist with finding misplaced orders in our warehouses and during our production testing process. Sometimes we won't realize an item has been misplaced until months after the incident, which is why we need to retain so much video. Frequently, the customer lost the item on their end, and having the video allows us to prove that we processed and shipped their order properly. I use Blue Iris to record 100% on the sub-stream and then record motion-triggered events on the primary stream so I can capture additional detail.

Thanks for your feedback.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several large Blue Iris servers that have 25+ cameras and 50-150 TB of storage so I can retain many months of video. I frequently see that the available alerts are maxed out at 99,999. Is there a way to increase the maximum storage value of the alerts? When I search back in time, I can only go back a month or two on the alerts, but my stored clips can go back many months. Obviously it becomes difficult to find older events without having alerts available.

Background: Our company receives electronic components from customers, which we then test and return to the customers. The videos are primarily used to assist with finding misplaced orders in our warehouses and during our production testing process. Sometimes we won't realize an item has been misplaced until months after the incident, which is why we need to retain so much video. Frequently, the customer lost the item on their end, and having the video allows us to prove that we processed and shipped their order properly. I use Blue Iris to record 100% on the sub-stream and then record motion-triggered events on the primary stream so I can capture additional detail.

Thanks for your feedback.
You will need to email support. Also ensure that you have the correct settings in the alert tab to be able to go back far enough.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Cannot help but wonder if that is merely a limitation of how many places the number can display (in this case, 5), vs how many actual alerts there are. I've seen several programs where the visual count indicator maxes out, despite the quantity of items be much higher

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Unsure why you want to keep it so long. Many legal requirements are 2 weeks and if after a month you still haven't established a crime, I would say it's unlikely you will do so. I personally believe a month's storage is more than enough unless you're going away for long periods with no remote logins and so no opportunity to protect crime revealing clips.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok got it. Didn't read the whole post.