May have bricked my DS-KV6113 Door Bell... Need help with Password reset

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand that this may be in the wrong listing, but i really dont know where to post for a password reset.

Purchased a DS-KV6113-WPE1 on eBay because I could not find one elsewhere in the US. Said 100% Authentic and Upgradeable. But waiting for the seller to respond for a password reset may take ages.
I also contacted hikvision and filled out their form. They said that Im in the US and cannot help me.
I'm literally about to rip my hair out with this. Could anyone please help me with a password reset? I do not see a hard reset button on the device otherwise i wouldnt need an SADP reset.

How I "Bricked" it?
was working fine but had issues with seeing the video stream so I attempted to do a firmware update via iVMS-4200. Turns out the upgrade was a downgrade and now the password changed along with it.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
FCC ID 2ADTD-KV6113WPE1, but I'm unable to search fcc.io from work. Might want to check out the internals photos for a possible reset point.
shows a diagnostic port on the back of the device.
It looks like a USB plug?

Also, there's a TF card slot on the back, as well.
Might format a card with DOS/FAT32 formatting and place a single file on it, named "firmware.bin" and see what happens.

Last edited:

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No physical reset button. Even opened it to see if there was somewhere in there in internals but no

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am able to access the video feed using the villa station screen. Hopefully I could find some type of workaround with this

EDIT: The ONLY think i am able to modify is DHCP settings and the Hik-Connect Server address. Other than that, nothing else works.

Note: there is a debug port. Maybe I could force load a new firmware using the TPTP software?

Last edited: