Meaning of "not required for retrigger"

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm struggling with this switch, found in Motion/Trigger profiles.
Or on your BI settings:
Camera Properties -> Trigger (tab) -> motion sensor Configure (button) -> Object detection Edit (button)​

According to the documentation

"You may choose whether or not to require the object to again cross zones in order to re-trigger (continue triggering once triggered). If this option is not selected, it become easier to maintain a triggered condition once the object has crossed the zones."

The wording here is confusing. By saying "option not selected" is it saying when you don't have "Not required for re-trigger" selected it becomes easier. This seems counter intuitive, does it not. After all, if you have selected "not required for re-trigger" I would think you are saying "I do not require the object to again cross the zone" in which case, that should be easier to maintain a triggered condition. But the wording suggests that I should have this option "not selected" to get this effect....

Comments?

BlueRidge

n3wb
Reaction score
Forward or backward - I do not understand what the option does. Help documentation is no help. I've not see it mentioned in the (very good!) YouTubes on zones by Hometech.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Forward or backward - I do not understand what the option does. Help documentation is no help. I've not see it mentioned in the (very good!) YouTubes on zones by Hometech.
Its actually very simple and straight forward. You first must understand what is meant by a re-trigger. This is explained no less than 3 times in the help file and in the OP's post. "If an additional trigger occurs while the camera is already triggered, this is called a re-trigger". Thefore when using zone crossing it requires the crossing of a zone to trigger. However, once in a triggered state, you have the OPTION to not require a further zone crossing to continue triggering, it will continue to trigger as long as there is movement (based on your other variables set).