Memory leak in BI5

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be kidding... how many desktop CPU's have 16 cores, 32 threads? If you're not multi-tasking I suppose you'd be correct. But I can build many more services into one of these old dogs, and not have to worry about power supply failure... why... cuz I have dual power supplies. Four NIC's, Six fans which by the way produce about 58dBa of noise. Tolerable considering I'm not sitting next to them very often. I put e5-2450L's in my production servers. Cost me $50/pair. What does your CPU cost?
Folks with desktop mentality will never see the widsom of a server class machine because to them it's all about high clock speeds & expensive graphics cards. I have a very basic graphic card built into the server mother board which suffices to get ESXi up and running. Management is done from my desktop.

If you haven't really been there, you'll not know the benefits & differences.
We have seen this foolish space heater approach it’s all nice and dandy when you install it for some sucker who doesn’t understand what he’s paying more on his electric bill then it would cost to replace the system with some thing Much more efficient. Blue Iris doesn’t require any server class hardware it runs just fine and dandy on cheap efficient business class machines.