Memory Utilization

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I access Blue Iris from the iPhone app over cellular network, my memory utilization on the server stays stable. When I access Blue Iris from the iPhone app over my Wi-Fi network that Blue Iris server is connected to my memory utilization on the server continues to creep up until I have to reboot the server, has anybody else seen this?

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not. I run Zero Tier One with my BI Iphone app. So I can't connect at home over wifi....because the Web serverfor BI is going thru Zero Tier, so at this time I can only use celluar at home.
But in the past I had 2 BI installs at 2 locations that I could access via wifi and Cellular ( Pre-Zero Tier) with no rebooting/mem creep....

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have any memory issues between LAN/WAN access. Only difference I've seen in differing utilisation is where video encoder profiles for WAN are set incorrectly and/or too high (bitrate/quality etc).

To make things equal, if they are not already, is to match Video Encoder Profiles for both LAN & WAN in your iOS app, found under settings on the home page. In your case change the LAN profile to match your WAN profile.

Which version of BI you are running?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not. I run Zero Tier One with my BI Iphone app. So I can't connect at home over wifi....because the Web serverfor BI is going thru Zero Tier, so at this time I can only use celluar at home.
But in the past I had 2 BI installs at 2 locations that I could access via wifi and Cellular ( Pre-Zero Tier) with no rebooting/mem creep....
Even with Zerotier, you can use either Wifi or Cellular to view.
Simply put the IP address for your BI server in the LAN box in the apps setup screen.
Then the ZT ip in the wan box.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Memory and cpu utilization went from 1% to 2% ram want from 1.78Gb to 1.82 GB and then floats around in that range.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Setup ZT with BI wizard.....it automagically inserted a 10.24.x.x:82 into the LAN field. As I recall( which is questionable).....That was ok for the time being, as I usually use the phone to look at BI when I'm at work. Really dont use BI app at home much, since the console is right here......But yeah....It's better now.....
1688710534472.png

Last edited: