Meth head crashes his car into my caravan/wall and drags person 60 feet+

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
This happened Sat night about 10pm...

House over the road had some guests and was having a nice quiet night until a guest invites their friend to attend. He turns up hammered drunk AND off his face. He then assaults a girl and is forcibly removed(few punches of encouragement).

He gets in his car, attempts to ram/frighten guests and then they try to remove him from his vehicle. He reverses violently dragging one guy in the process. His car then smashes through two brick pillars and into the caravan(3 month old $65000 van ).

He drives off but returns later to see the damage and crashes his car just out of sight of the camera. He was arrested and charged with alcohol at 4 times the limit, drug possession and obviously dangerous driving.

No one was seriously hurt.

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh and it's a 3mp Hikvision bullet(exir type) 2232 and Hikvision NVR(8ch)

There is another cam that can see all this but this angle was better. You can see the IR illumination on the ground near the caravan.

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
How bad is the damage on your caravan? Did not look good from the footage unfortunately.

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
Surprisingly the bricks pushed into the draw bar at the front and only the aluminium bars touched the white part/walls of the van. Most of it will actually buff out or be painted over. Looks like no structural damage.

The safety chain I buried at the front to secure the van saved the back from hitting the house too!

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
20160305_233350.jpg

Sorry about the large image size, but thats after it was all over. Theres a whole section of wall missing (you can see part of a brick pillar bottom right)

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
Fence looks expensive too!

From the video it looks like some of the people were chucking bricks at the car. Oh dear.

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah they sure were. I guess when someone tries to run you or your friends down and you've had a few drinks...

Fence will be a few thousand to replace by the looks. All insured of course.

I see you're a fellow Aussie too :D

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
The term chucking gave it away. Thankfully it was not into your house and no one hurt or killed.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, good video and glad you property was not too badly damaged as it could have been much worse it appears. Also, I congratulate you on your attitude. It seems as if you are not horribly bent out of shape over this and are taking it in stride. Much better than being all personally upset as some do, I like your attitude. I would be the same way but that is seemingly unusual for someone in the states lol. Maybe I need to move to Australia as I'm super laid back and I seem unusual even to me compared to others around me where I live! :)

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
Old video dig up but recently found out the peanut who crashed through the wall has lost his wife, kids and a lot of family over this.

Turned out his drug addiction was a big secret and this was the tipping point I guess in his life. Sad that people will put themselves through this for drugs.

All damages repaired within weeks and it's like it never happened haha.

Hikvision cams all running perfectly(7) for more than a year now. Have only had to reboot the system maybe 3 or 4 times as occasionally a camera drops out. It's also running from a UPS so no power issues either ;)

TaxExempt

n3wb
Reaction score
I originally thought she came out with a shotgun. Then I realized that it was a KID. Why would you bring a child into that kind of situation?

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
The she you are referring to is my wife. My wife had no idea what had happened and walked outside. I was in bed when this happened which is why it took me longer to get outside but she was still up with our baby.

We don't live in the US so not usually a gun violence problem requiring a shotgun haha. Our area doesn't have roaming gangs etc either so walking outside at night is a fairly safe thing to do. From inside(the living area is at the back of the house) it was just a loud noise and we know a lot(pretty much everyone) of the people in our normally very quiet street and the people having the gathering are our friends, they were here yesterday as a matter of fact). Most of the people in the street are well known by us and are good people which is why she just walked out.

What you don't see in the video is me realising exactly what had just happened (and being told this guy was off his face) and immediately telling her to get inside in case the idiot came back. He did in fact come back minutes later but at slow speed thankfully.

Last edited: