Mi Home Security Camera Basic 1080P SXJ02ZM, restore deleted events

first100

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure it's the right forum, and I apologize in advance if I write in an incorrect section of the forum, but hope not.

I have xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera Basic 1080P SXJ02ZM, I installed it without SD cards, i realized that this camera has some internal space to record events, about 10 seconds, so I delete the video recorded after a few days to make sure the device had enough space to store new events. But a few days ago we discovered that we had suffered a theft, unfortunately the videos of that day had already been deleted, in an attempt to recover the deleted data, I tried to insert it into the PC but the Camera is not seen as an external memory unit , so I ask is there a way to undelete events and try to retrieve the short video that the camera saves on its internal memory?
thanks

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Restoring such deleted data would require direct access to the firmware and extract (if possible) the volume for deeper analysis, so my guess is ... no way, of course it is too late to ask why did you not add an SDCard or at least activate smtp/ftp alert sending if the camera have such feature.

General remark, with such small amount of storage if you delete a file and a new video is recorded it it will overwrite deleted data anyway.