Mic Help for a 2132F-IS will this one work ?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trying to use this old head set mic to place in my 213fIS. I see the ground copper and the power which must be the green but, is there a coating on the power (green) that I must some how scrape off ? I have tried like it is and does not work. Issue is these wires are so tiny and unless I use a chemical or something can't see getting the green off. Checked the audio settings and all is good and on as far as other posts I have seen on this topic.

Attachments

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use flame first, clean the residue then tin with solder. Those are some really light gauge wires. Green in most cases means earth or ground. Unsure on that one.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good point perhaps I was backward and the copper is power ? Guess I can't hurt anything by trying reverse. Just thought these wires are unusual in that there was no real coating dividing power and ground other than that what I think is a coating.

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a passive unit isn't it? Polarity probably doesn't matter. Some of the older analog phone handsets also used that kind of wire. It should work if you can build up a connectable stub.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Used to be a high end head set usb connected to my pc. I will clean the one blue wiRe up and add some solder, thanks for your help

Follow up: it worked I can hear great, inside right now till spring and can hear perfectly anywhere downstairs.

Last edited by a moderator: