Mic size

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a newer Nelly's 4k camera that has the dome in it. It has a line level audio in and out back but I don't know what size it is.... Looks like a 2.5mm . Anyone know where to get a mic at?

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you sure its not 3.5mm? Try a mobile phone headset plug and see if that fits which would confirm. I have a mix of 3.5mm and phono on the cameras I have which is a pain. There's plenty of add-on mics out there (amazon, ebay etc) of varying quality, some with adjustable gain and others AGC but few rated for outdoor use so what you choose will depend on your requirement. Also note the audio quality will depend on your camera's abilities, some are good others less so.

This mic reviews well and I can confirm it gives good audio, tho I have other cheaper ones that do pretty well too
Bullet Mic Review

Don't forget that you will need to enable audio at the camera (via its own GUI) as well as at the back end.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its pretty Tiny. I'll try a set of headphones later. . I'm hoping it's 3.5 and I'll get the weather wisistant mic from Nelly's possibly