Migrated BI - How to integrate existing recordings [SOLVED]

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just moved my BI install to another system.
I use an external USB drive for my recorded clips. I updated the BI config to point to the new external drive letter.
But, BI is only showing me recordings that have been created as part of the migrated install.
Is there a way to get BI to integrate those pre-existing recordings? I see that there are some DB options. Maybe use the 'Repair/Regenerate' option?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you make the external drive the same drive letter? If so then it should just pick up.

If you changed the drive name, then close BI and stop the service and delete the DB folder and then re-open and it will repopulate it. You do lose the alert clips when you do this. The files are still there.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you make the external drive the same drive letter? If so then it should just pick up.

If you changed the drive name, then close BI and stop the service and delete the DB folder and then re-open and it will repopulate it. You do lose the alert clips when you do this. The files are still there.
The new computer registered the USB drive as a different letter....so in BI, I edited the storage section to reflect that letter change.
Are you saying that this should have worked? (wondering now if I've re-started BI after making that change....

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Restarted BI. No changes. Still only see the recordings from the new install.
Next, I shut down BI and then deleted the entire contents of the /db folder. Restarted BI and it's back to looking like a brand new install. No recordings at all.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it showing the DB being rebuilt - will show a % and number of files being recognized.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me, it took manually starting a Repair/Regenerate session. It took a while but I'm now seeing all of the days of recordings listed in the panel.