Migrating BI to New PC

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Greetings folks -

I'm moving Blue Iris to its own machine and need some help on migrating the settings from where it currently resides.

The machine where it is currently running is win 7 64bit. The new machine it is going to is Win 7 32bit.

I have used the "Export/backup settings" button to save registry settings.

I downloaded a new copy of BI on the new machine, started it up, plugged in my registration code (I also named the system name the same on the new machine), then shut it down. I then double-clicked the registry file from my old machine to import it into the new machine's registry & started BI back up, but it did not find any of my settings. In regedit I can see the keys and values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software\Blue Iris ...the "Wow6432Node" looks a bit strange, but other than that, it's there, but BI isn't finding it.

Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

Thanks!

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, so I figured it out.

I stored a user on the new machine and noted where in the registry it went. Then I edited the registry backup and made the key match where the new PC installation expected it & re-imported it onto the new machine - although I had to re-enter my product key on BI start up, it found all of my settings just fine.

Case closed :)

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad to hear you figured it out!
Thanks Mike - one additional thing I had to manually change is the LANIP value - it was set to the old machine's ip address, but everything else seems to be good.

Now on to BI Tools! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for taking time for the writeup, it's nice to have a description of what I'm about to attempt.