Milesight LPR & Radar camera

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New camera I got.
A Milesight 5MP NC5366-X12LVPC LPR camera with integrated radar detector.

1715065538853.png1715065562286.png

Unit accepts an SD card. Connections are POE, Alarm In/Out (x1) and audio In/Out (x1).
Connection IO is fixed in the included junction box. No 'fly-lead' connectors.

Lanes.
Up to 4 lanes can be made using the ROI boundary boxes. Sadly these cannot be formed freely (e.g. into a trapezoid).
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 19-08-13 IPCAM Network Camera.png

HTTP POST/GET.
There is an option for HTTP GET or POST. POST will send a JSON message to your desired location. E.g. straight into a VMS or other software.
No need to make your 3rd party server subscribe to event messages!
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 19-08-29 IPCAM Network Camera.png

Radar detection settings:
Set the number of lanes, width, height of installation, yeah yeah blah, you know.
My LPR camera is not close enough to the road and installed about 1.5m off the ground. So the radar measurement are not accurate.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 19-08-49 IPCAM Network Camera.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Live view LPR detection mode.
This lists in your browser cache the latest detections. If you reload the page this all goes.
If this camera was mounted at the correct height/angle the radar speed and direction would be correct.
Slide1.JPG

Detection photos.
Exploring the SD card of plate detections.
This shows a preview of each plate. Clicking the image show the full image on the left.
Usual options to search by plate, vehicle color (daylight capture), vehicle type (car/truck/bus), etc.
Slide2.JPG

A snapshot made:
This includes the plate number, database type (visitor is not in a database), speed, color of the plate, vehicle type and color of the car (black when it's in B&W LOL).
Slide3.JPG
Presentation1.jpg

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Something that REALLY annoys me with this camera.
The Day/Night switch has the 'Night to Day' value always 10 ahead of Day to Night value. Which is a problem for me, because the camera gets direct sunlight in the morning and turns off B&W too early.
This is probably the camera's way of adding some hysteresis.
1715338158247.png