Milestone xProtect PTZ compatibility?

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the PTZ cameras in xProtect? I'm pretty sure the video will work since these are based on Hikvision firmware, but I want to know if the PTZ functionality will work.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the PTZ cameras in xProtect? I'm pretty sure the video will work since these are based on Hikvision firmware, but I want to know if the PTZ functionality will work.
PTZ functions work using ONVIF profile in the Tiny Cam Pro Android app, but not with Hikvision profile. So if xProtect supports ONVIF then it should work. I am just guessing, I don't really know for sure. They did fix ONVIF profile issue in latest firmware though.

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
I decided to order one of the Mini PTZ cameras (DM-SCB405I-V10-E) and give it a try. I was able to add it to Milestone Essential using the ONVIF driver. I was also able to get the PTZ functionality working from within Milestone! So far I'm impressed with the the camera, especially the quality of the picture at night. It's much better than the Hikvision I previously had in the same spot.

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got done installing a V2 from Imporx and it works with Milestone, but I had to enable Anonymous access to get it connected. I'm not sure what changed in their authentication protocols from V1 to V2.

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which firmware work with Milestone ? I tried with first series and not work