Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got a surprise from DHL. $26 import duty bill for the two cams I bought. First time I've ever seen or got billed for importing goods.
For the U.S., the import duty is usually active around the $200 plus mark. Thus you need to keep your order below $200 when possible. Unless they offer a substantial discount for combined shipping on several cameras, then you may be better off to order them separately.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think mine has developed a fault

The picture has just become blurry all of a sudden
I've tried the obvious with the focus, iris and lens initialization but not worked even tried I reset.

I noticed last night that the picture settings seemed to have gone out of wack even though they were still set to the values I'd set them to.

For example gain was set to 10 but on the actual picture it was more or less 100

You can definitely tell the difference in the day pictures as it seems like it's way out of focus but yet no setting nor resets cure the issue

I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault and it can be sorted
Thanks, but I don't have a conflict. I see the same problem with the camera connected directly to a laptop. It's either bad or it doesn't like the GW address I used.

Can you please update if these were configuration or hardware issues?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you please update if these were configuration or hardware issues?
From my points above

I think I actually managed to park the can in between focus range because I tried the hard stuff first and forgot about the easy option (focus) button

The other problem with the gain went away with a full factory reset and hasn't happened since
This could have been me tinkering with the osd from present 95
Because it was definitely on 10 in the ptz gui but was more or less 100 in reality

Again this has never happened before or since so I can only assume for now it was settings related

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For the U.S., the import duty is usually active around the $200 plus mark. Thus you need to keep your order below $200 when possible. Unless they offer a substantial discount for combined shipping on several cameras, then you may be better off to order them separately.
Thanks for the info on the import duty. As you mentioned, it's probably best to order them separately if the total is going to be over $200.

I've ordered PTZ cameras from AE before that were closer to $300 but they were shipped by ePacket instead of DHL, so there was no import duty. It's also possible that the seller declared a lower value on the cameras.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found the problem with mine, completely my fault. The seal at the top of the junction box wasn't sealed & got water in the box & connection.
The connector is shot. I'm going to replace it and see if it comes back alive. Going to need a female connector, any suggestions as to where to get one?
Anybody have a wiring diagram?
The NVR seems to be fine I moved a stationary cam to that channel and it's working fine. whew ;)

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
From my points above

I think I actually managed to park the can in between focus range because I tried the hard stuff first and forgot about the easy option (focus) button 

The other problem with the gain went away with a full factory reset and hasn't happened since
This could have been me tinkering with the osd from present 95
Because it was definitely on 10 in the ptz gui but was more or less 100 in reality

Again this has never happened before or since so I can only assume for now it was settings related
Glad you worked it out!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I tried out IR near/far setting, it appears that you can control the IR led brightness for each led pair. Not the same as Smart IR like in Hikvision, but it does the job adjusting IR power.

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Those are http/https ports. I am referring to server port (default 8000) which is used by IVMS software. It's missing in the UI and cannot be edited, but at least it works.
Stumbled on a way to edit with the IVMS 4200 software. From the Online Devices section at the bottom of the Device Management screen highlight the cam and select Modify Net Info. Enter the desired port number.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Stumbled on a way to edit with the IVMS 4200 software. From the Online Devices section at the bottom of the Device Management screen highlight the cam and select Modify Net Info. Enter the desired port number.
But did you try saving it with a new port? I was getting an error. Apparently it could be edited in the SDAP, but I haven't tried it yet.

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But did you try saving it with a new port? I was getting an error. Apparently it could be edited in the SDAP, but I haven't tried it yet.
Yes it saved and currently being used in iVMS4200PCNVR software.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well that's me placing another order for 2 ptz bullet cams and 1 more speed dome!

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That could be helpful, thanks.
Cut the pigtails off at the socket and butcher the faulty socket to reveal its insides then and which colour cows to which pin then make a new one using the old as a reference and you should be fine

As long as you get them in the same terminal so when you connect your Ethernet cable to the pigtail it will work fine

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So I am battling with Monica on the motion detection issue who keeps giving me "we are busy, will reply later". Is anyone using motion detection? Can you guys report this issue to her as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I am battling with Monica on the motion detection issue who keeps giving me "we are busy, will reply later". Is anyone using motion detection? Can you guys report this issue to her as well?
Is your camera connected to an NVR? If so, check the settings directly from the NVR gui (not the web) to make sure they match. I've had problems before where settings from the camera or NVR web gui, are different from the NVR itself. If anything, have the NVR settings set to your specifics and reboot the camera. Check the settings again in the NVR to make sure the still there and see if the motion false alarms still an issue. If that works, I would try to avoid using the web gui on the camera or NVR for the motion options if possible. Maybe just accessing the tab can "un-sync" the settings.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is your camera connected to an NVR? If so, check the settings directly from the NVR gui (not the web) to make sure they match. I've had problems before where settings from the camera or NVR web gui, are different from the NVR itself. If anything, have the NVR settings set to your specifics and reboot the camera. Check the settings again in the NVR to make sure the still there and see if the motion false alarms still an issue. If that works, I would try to avoid using the web gui on the camera or NVR for the motion options if possible. Maybe just accessing the tab can "un-sync" the settings.
Yes, NVR setting overwrites settings in the cam. In NVR the sensitivity is from 1-5, where in the cam it's 1-100 and increments by 20, so I have it set in NVR to 1 and then manually changed it 1 in the camera.