Mini PTZ: Motion detection too sensitive

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
One of the pitfalls of this camera is that firmware built-in motion detection is too sensitive. I've sent numerous emails to Monica, but so far no action or even acknowledgement the issue will be looked at. Is anyone else having this issue? Can you help to escalate this to her?

Steps are easy, this is what I sent to her. I get 50-100 emails during sunset and sunrise or if there is fog. Sensitivity is set to 1!

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:
1. Set the camera outdoors
2. Enable Motion Detection
3. Set sensitivity to 1
4. Set it to send emails
5. Monitor motion detection during morning or evening hours. When sun rises or sun sets.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@klasipcaHave you tried setting the sensitivity to 50 or 100 percent? Maybe they have it backwards where higher is lower (the settings is the threshold)...just a shot in the dark...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, that's what Monica suggested to try as well, but it's even worse.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
After some going back and forth on this for months with Monica she basically said there is no solution, it is what is and hopes next camera will better. (thumbs down)

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4mp Hiks suffer from the same. 1 for me would give no alerts, and 2 behaves as if its on 6. Theres no middle grounds going from 1 to 2. Also seen little difference between 2 and 6.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Are you positive? I have used 3mp turret with 5.2.5 firmware and didn't have this issue with transition from day to night.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
100% theres an issue with this for me, running V5.3.3 build 150514. Looks like they need to calibrate this in their fw a little bit.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, just to be clear are you getting 50-100 emails during light transition? Previously with Hik I was only getting 1 email when IR cut filter turned on/off which was fine. On the bright side I am using Longse cam for motion alerts and it works as expected.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Constant alerts all day long, had to limit the detection area to a box or two and totally disabled on most cams. 1 will get no alerts at all, and 2 will give the same alerts as a 6, nothing in between.

I can walk across a trigger point with a sensitivity set to 1 and will get no trigger at all.