Mini PTZ v2 4x: Awful IR power/coverage

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Most likely another firmware issue as this camera should be as good or better then Gen1. Please report it to Huisun

Gen1 3x

This is new gen 2 (4x)

Both are fully zoomed out btw from the same mounting spot.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most likely another firmware issue as this camera should be as good or better then Gen1. Please report it to Huisun

Gen1 3x

This is new gen 2 (4x)

Both are fully zoomed out btw from the same mounting spot.

You seem to been one of few buying them up ? your the glutten for punishment and you seem to love it. When I hear there are no issues in a few months or so I will try one but, yet to see them work except for two of them on this site, and I dont mean sort of work.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It the post processor issue, reason you getting grainy video in low light is because the video in low light is being amplified by the processor and if the processor is busy doing more than one task then it cause grainy video like shown in your video. I would suspect there something running in background that hogging the processor compare to other camera.

Try this, lower your frame rate to about 15 fps and your bitrate little to see if the grainy goes away because lower the framerate and bitrate the less task require from the processor to amplify the low light video.

Something like this can be fixed in a firmware if the processor is fast enough unless they put in a cheapo processor to save a buck then it cannot be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I bought 6 of them and all of them worked (even the only one with failed POE it works great regardless)and these are great despite whatever others may think. I am simply being transparent with my experience as I don't get any benefit out of this besides providing honest feedback.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Without whoslooking and klasipca's willingness to 'take one for the team', I wouldn't have known anything about Huisun, nor enjoyed my Hui PTZ cam, stuck with an inferior static Hik. It's these folks that move things forward, and I appreciate that.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not put V2 4x outside yet but here it is side by side with V1 3x. You can see V2 has already kicked into IR even though there is plenty of light.

V1 3x
326-1.PNG

V2 4x
326-2.PNG

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not put V2 4x outside yet but here it is side by side with V1 3x. You can see V2 has already kicked into IR even though there is plenty of light.

V1 3x
View attachment 9200

V2 4x
View attachment 9201
Yeah that what I saw seeing, on V1 you could adjust the IR sensitivity not to kick in too soon and the same sensitivity setting seem to have no effect on the V2 4x. I don't have a V2 10x or 3x to test it with to see if it effect all V2 models or just the 4x. I am plan on ordering a couple more V2 10x and 4 x from Monica but I told her she need to fix nighttime issue first before I place some more orders.

Bill

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah that what I saw seeing, on V1 you could adjust the IR sensitivity not to kick in too soon and the same sensitivity setting seem to have no effect on the V2 4x. I don't have a V2 10x or 3x to test it with to see if it effect all V2 models or just the 4x. I am plan on ordering a couple more V2 10x and 4 x from Monica but I told her she need to fix nighttime issue first before I place some more orders.

Bill
I have a V2 10x which works fine. Seems it is only the 4X. As someone else said, they moved it out too soon, it was not ready.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a V2 10x which works fine. Seems it is only the 4X. As someone else said, they moved it out too soon, it was not ready.
Thank you for sharing, then I know safe to order the V2 10x however I am still holding back on my order hoping that it will encourage them to fix the 4x soon. They were pretty quick on the focus issue but I think focus still need fixing because it seem to be lagging behind when you are zooming in or out. Like a rubber band effect before it snap in place with a good focus.

Bill

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, then I know safe to order the V2 10x however I am still holding back on my order hoping that it will encourage them to fix the 4x soon. They were pretty quick on the focus issue but I think focus still need fixing because it seem to be lagging behind when you are zooming in or out. Like a rubber band effect before it snap in place with a good focus.

Bill
Yes I have noticed that also. But at least for now it locks in when reaching it's zoom level.