Mini PTZ v2: Blank screen in a web UI after a few days

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
All my 3 v2 camera have this issue, so I am pretty sure it's yet another firmware bug. The camera basically with display black screen on live view page after a while. The only way to clear it is to reinstall firmware, resetting camera, restarting and reinstalling plugin doesn't do anything. If I try to reduce fps/bitrate then I could get it to show again at 1fps, so it's some sort of memory leak I am guessing.

Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160303
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I see that too. But I can view from the nvr.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
Yes NVR works or basically RTSP stream is ok even on my phone. I am downgrading to previous firmware and see if that happens.

I downgraded cams to December firmware, we'll see if this works better.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see that too. But I can view from the nvr.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
I have experienced the same issue but was resolved by selecting the 4.3 screen aspect ratio tab then back to 16.9. This was vis IE11 Windows 10. Firefox works in a better manner for the Huisun, for me any way.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only way to clear it is to reinstall firmware, resetting camera, restarting and reinstalling plugin doesn't do anything. If I try to reduce fps/bitrate then I could get it to show again at 1fps, so it's some sort of memory leak I am guessing.
memory leak would be cured by hard power reset, the symptoms you describe point more to a configuration corruption.. does it have a backup/restore config option? see if restoring a good config fixes it or else keep changing settings until you figure out how to force it to fix the config.. odd resetting config didnt help but perhaps its not fully clearing out settings stored in the chips..

If it's a memory leak the thing is running out of resources and corrupting files as a result, and thats why it would require a reflash to fix it.. devastating bug if thats the case.. its not failing safely and that could brick things real easy.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It has backup/restore, I will try that when it happens again.