Mini PTZ v2: Focus adjustment hidden feature

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I received the v2 camera with bad focus at wide angle. I surely thought it was hardware flaw, but it turns out camera has lens correction feature.

HOW TO: Set camera preferably in the outdoor environment. SET preset 85, then CALL preset 65 twice. (if needed CALL 65 preset two more times) You will see message "Lens Adjust" and percentage. It may take up to two minutes

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received the v2 camera with bad focus at wide angle. I surely thought it was hardware flaw, but it turns out camera has lens correction feature.

HOW TO: Set camera preferably in the outdoor environment. SET preset 85, then CALL preset 65 twice. (if needed CALL 65 preset two more times) You will see message "Lens Adjust" and percentage. It may take up to two minutes
So no need for firmware fix! I had ruled out a V2 due to this issue. Does it still 'hunt' focus at night a bit worse than V1?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Very cool. Did you find out from Monica? Does it do adjustment automatically during the "Lens Adjust" message or do you have to do something? I still have to set it up this weekend.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Details, man! This works for all V2 versions? (10x, 4x, etc.)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It does it automatically.

I have not noticed focus hunting, the only time it focuses is when ptz function is used

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I did it at night, no problem just make sure it has something to focus on. Also I set it to x1 before I started

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome!! It really works. Sure would like to know what other tricks are hidden in the presets.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It seem to have fixed the focus issue for me. But still in night mode even if the room is well lit. I am just glad we got most important thing fixed first which was the focus. Now hopefully the night mode sensitivity can be fixed next.

Here a before / after screenshot

Bill

Attachments

romustdie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question.
What browser do you use when you set 85 preset an call 65 two times?
I've tested what you said , and also this procedure was sent by Monica to try but nothing happens...No osd on screen saying lens adjusting or percentage:(...I think there is only one way to go:
20160322120019.jpg

I need only some free time...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question.
I've tested what you said , and also this procedure was sent by Monica to try but nothing happens...No osd on screen saying lens adjusting or percentage:(...I think there is only one way to go:
View attachment 9214

Internet Explorer

Bill

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Helping my friend troubleshoot the the x4, the firmware caused the blur, but the focus fix did work on the focus issue. However, at night the lens seems smeared (it was like this before the firmware), it's really noticeable at night, when lights move across the lens, so going to go up the next day or two can clean the lens as I'm wondering if he may have put his hand on the lens when he was mounting it. Regardless, the focus trick really made a big difference. One thing I did notice on his V2, was it would drop off network at night (shortly after the IR kicked in). His POE switch has been working with all of his cameras, but before he gave up, I brought over one of the POE injectors I have been using for areas that aren't near a POE switch, and the camera now stays on without dropping every since.

I will agree with everyone, that the difference between the V1 (x3) and V2 (x4) so far has me giving the V1 the lead in the night image. I'm going to either bring one of my V1 (x3) over there, or his V2(x4) over my house to try to do a live comparison.

I did get the V2 (x10), but had issues with it, but Melissa has been great on taking care of it for me.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question.
View attachment 9214

Make sure you "Set" 85 not "call". Then call 65 twice. You should see it start right away to adjust.

romustdie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've tried the both methods with set and call 85 and nothing happens.Is very strange.
Can you tell me what firmware do you have on your cameras.And also what IE version do you use.
I've tried with IE11 on WIN10.
Thanks!

Fragmaster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am also using IE, Huisun Mini PTZ (10x)

Under presets:-
Set 85
Call 65 (twice, also tried 4 times)

...but nothing happens.