klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Not an ip system

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got excited too soon, missed opportunity for this seller then. Who the heck buys TVI these days anyway.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Plus, delivery by september 12.....Not gonna take that long to mail to me from California. I suspect it's a Chinese seller pretending to be in the U.S....Ebay and Amazon are full of them....and they almost always pick a California city as their pretend location...

For what it's worth, you can buy from Ebay directly from China for not much more than Aliexpress and you have the Ebay and Paypal buyer protection (which pretty much always agrees with the buyer)...I bought an action cam from China through Ebay and it arrived defective. Filed an Ebay claim. Seller didn't respond with a return shipping label, so Ebay gave a complete refund plus told me to keep the camera.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought an action cam from China through Ebay and it arrived defective. Filed an Ebay claim. Seller didn't respond with a return shipping label, so Ebay gave a complete refund plus told me to keep the camera.
Resell it on eBay as broken and used "for parts/repair only". Make some money off of them.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
£150 / $195 including taxes and delivery in the UK: https://www.exactcctv.com/collections/cctv-ptz-network-ip-cameras/products/2mp-1080p-hd-mini-bullet-ptz-ip-ir-10x-optical-zoom-onvif-hikvision-nvr-compatible

Mine came with internal PoE, the Huisun I got on AE had no PoE (I didn't fully read advert stupidly). Exact CCTV one was completely plug and play with my Hikvision NVR, I just plugged it in and it went. Huisun I had to connect to laptop and change IP address then manually add (so no biggie). Web-GUI almost identical but I haven't compared firmware numbers yet. Just been too busy.

Neither are permanently fitted yet! This has got to be the first time that UK is cheaper than USA!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got excited too soon, missed opportunity for this seller then. Who the heck buys TVI these days anyway.
Oh I misread that too! Rip-off professional installers buy TVI. Hikvision promote TVI everywhere in the UK, bigger profits.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh I misread that too! Rip-off professional installers buy TVI. Hikvision promote TVI everywhere in the UK, bigger profits.

What if someone bought a new Swann TVI T-855 (2mp/1080p) camera + 500gb DVR4-DVR for ~$80 2 years ago? Would you keep it if it was still working perfectly?

If it had a new 3tb WD purple in it would that change your plans for it? What if it was re-flashed to HIK instead of Swann's locked down garbage?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What if someone bought a new Swann TVI T-855 (2mp/1080p) camera + 500gb DVR4-DVR for ~$80 2 years ago? Would you keep it if it was still working perfectly?

If it had a new 3tb WD purple in it would that change your plans for it? What if it was re-flashed to HIK instead of Swann's locked down garbage?
For an existing install or a new install? I wouldn't install TVI in a new install.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For an existing install or a new install? I wouldn't install TVI in a new install.

I bought that stuff 2 years ago because I knew it was a great deal compared to store prices. I replaced the 500gb with a new 3tb purple I've had that wasn't being used and now I can't decide if I want to get more cams for it or not. It's been the most reliable part of my security setup so far. The pcNVR has had maybe 3 hiccups that required a reboot over the last 2 years but the Swann DVR has had 0. Plus it uses a lot less power.

I wanted to get my Huisun running on the Swann DVR but I got lazy and stopped caring when I realized it wasn't going to be automagic plugnplay... which brings me to my next question! I think it would be too off-topic though, so I'll make a new thread for that one.