Mini PTZ V2 Suddenly Stopped Cold

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe that's why POE isn't working on one of my cams. Even though I have the V10-E version I don't seem to have a POE board.

20160322_192051.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
interesting how the spec sheet says that camera needs 18w but that poe board has printed on it 15w

Camera will draw whatever watts it needs. If it only need 15 then it will draw 15w from a 18w power supply. Factory probably spec it little higher to make sure nobody under powering the camera.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Good to know. Btw the POE board is easily accessible, so you could try requesting them to ship you a new board and try replacing it yourself. I haven't done that, I am just using active injector as suggested above without having to add any additional power source and it does the job.

Strange, my 4x does not have that PoE board but PoE is working fine.

Maybe that's why POE isn't working on one of my cams. Even though I have the V10-E version I don't seem to have a POE board.

View attachment 9225

Mine look the same as your and PoE is working for me.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I took this picture for 10x version, maybe it's a in a different spot for 4x then.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I took this picture for 10x version, maybe it's a in a different spot for 4x then.
Mine is the 10X. Anyway, not worth fighting over it with Monica. It's not ideal but I can deal with it. Hopefully I won't have any issues with my 2 speed domes I received last week. Have yet to test those.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my 4x v1 did the same thing. Was working fine off the poe connection for a week, then went dead and will do nothing. Not even with a power supply. Contacted Monica and she has been no help" i check with engineers" lol. I finally gave up. These cameras are great but there duribilty not so. My old hiks are still running storng!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
my 4x v1 did the same thing. Was working fine off the poe connection for a week, then went dead and will do nothing. Not even with a power supply. Contacted Monica and she has been no help" i check with engineers" lol. I finally gave up. These cameras are great but there duribilty not so. My old hiks are still running storng!
Since I'm still waiting for a "solution" on my dead POE board, I hope we aren't getting ready to lose another China store front...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Since I'm still waiting for a "solution" on my dead POE board, I hope we aren't getting ready to lose another China store front...
I doubt it will make any dent in the store operation

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im sure all these bad reports is going to slow down their sales some. I hope they pull through or we can find another solution that works in these cameras. I have found some poe boards online that look close so thats an option maybe.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just as an update....I have been corresponding with Melissa at Monitech for the last several days and am returning my Ver2 camera.We have worked out a shipping deal and will be replacing it with another Version 1 camera. My Version 1 camerahas been up and running for a month or so with no problems. For the short time my Version 2 camera was up I saw no great advantage for my application.
I do appreiciate all the input on this post My hope is to get a working camera attached to the custom corner mount I have fabricated and installed. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I doubt it will make any dent in the store operation
Heh... I'm not just referring solely to my problem, but rather to this seemingly being a more widespread problem for them. When larger problems seem to come up for a China storefront, that particular store disappears and another is already there to magically replace it...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just got a message saying that they were going to send me a new POE board. I'll update if/when there is something to update.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here's the update:

--------------------------------

how are you, now our all V1 and V2 10x ip bullet camera all use S2LM system from March,so POE board have changed ,now we have not V1 POE board to use your camera ,i am sorry for that

-------------------------------

how's that for a kick in the arse? My reply:

------------------------------

So now, less than two months later, the POE camera that I bought from you because I needed POE, no longer has POE and you cannot back up the purchase???

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Next update (As The World Turns <- don't know if that's still on TV or not). Here's what she said...

"how are you.your camera is A5S chip.
now our 10X IP camera is S2lM chip.i will present one POE board to you next order."

I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to fix my current cam, eh? I msg'd back to that effect but am no longer expecting a favorable resolution...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the update:

--------------------------------

how are you, now our all V1 and V2 10x ip bullet camera all use S2LM system from March,so POE board have changed ,now we have not V1 POE board to use your camera ,i am sorry for that

-------------------------------

how's that for a kick in the arse? My reply:

------------------------------

So now, less than two months later, the POE camera that I bought from you because I needed POE, no longer has POE and you cannot back up the purchase???
I guess it makes sense they had ton of v1 bodies which they didn't want to throw away, so they re purposed them, I hope that doesn't cause confusion which firmware upgrade for people who bought them after March

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a software that detect what chip camera is using. I have it somewhere that was sent to me to make sure I had the rigth chipset before upgrading the firmware. I think it was called batchcontrol.exe. I believe it was an unfinished NVR software but they are using it to detect chipset on the camera.

Bill

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Final update, they won't send me a new POE board unless I buy another camera from them, because they don't want to pay to ship it. So, I guess that ends it here...

-----------------------------

"how are you,if you buy one camera again,i will ask purchase department to buy one POE board to fix this camera,and send you with your new order,if you do not buy ,i can not apply $20 shipping fee,as i send one poe board to US about $20 shipping fee,
understand me?"