Mini PTZ V2 Suddenly Stopped Cold

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer. I better order a splitter to keep on hand for when mine decides to take a shit on me.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Final update, they won't send me a new POE board unless I buy another camera from them, because they don't want to pay to ship it. So, I guess that ends it here...

-----------------------------

"how are you,if you buy one camera again,i will ask purchase department to buy one POE board to fix this camera,and send you with your new order,if you do not buy ,i can not apply $20 shipping fee,as i send one poe board to US about $20 shipping fee,
understand me?"

I would keep disputing it then and take a screenshot of your conversation to upload to the dispute form.

Bill

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I would keep disputing it then and take a screenshot of your conversation to upload to the dispute form.

Bill
If it were killing me that the POE doesn't work, I'd keep going with it. Luckily, I really like the spot that I "temporarily" relocated it to. While it would be nice, I can get away without POE at that spot. I've just ordered a V2 10x (from Imporx), we'll see how long it's POE lasts.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
One final note... just because I'm not fighting them on this doesn't mean that anyone else should disregard the fact that they better realize that Huisun won't honor any kind of warranty with their cams...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Sigh... do you really think Huisun is screwing you? You are dealing directly with sellers from China and you'll get the same service from any other seller. What do you expect? Until they come up with "Amazon like free shipping if defective" you are stuck with >$60 shipping fee. Although Aliexpress is offering Easy Returns option and it's up to seller to elect using it which would help DOA orders. I've tried it and ended up paying $10 shipping fee to ship it back to their California hub. This is where I ordered it:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-IPC-HDW4431C-A-Built-in-MIC-HD-4MP-IR-30m-IP-Camera-security-cctv-Dome/32580229073.html

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Huisun won't honor any kind of warranty with their cams"

Buy anything from China and save some money. But if anything goes wrong... its your loss. That's the gamble we take to save some money. No bitching.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't think I'm sounding particularly "screwed", am I? I merely posted the sequence of what happened with one of their cams that had an issue and the ultimate (non)-resolution. The camera is still in use in a spot that I am not unhappy with (I posted that positive). I'm also very aware of what might be the consequences of dealing directly with China sellers. My last post was merely a cautionary post for people that come in (we call them newbies) that may not be aware...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Either accept the risk and get cheaper price from China or shop only at Amazon, Costco etc...

Some China retailers though do have US hubs where you can return products. For instance dx.com is one of them and they have ton of cheap ip cameras. I've ordered and received defective remote controls in the past and shipped back to California address.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I'm sounding particularly "screwed", am I? I merely posted the sequence of what happened with one of their cams that had an issue and the ultimate (non)-resolution. The camera is still in use in a spot that I am not unhappy with (I posted that positive). I'm also very aware of what might be the consequences of dealing directly with China sellers. My last post was merely a cautionary post for people that come in (we call them newbies) that may not be aware...
Heh, you sounded surprised by the outcome as if it was your first purchase from China which had issues.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sigh... do you really think Huisun is screwing you? You are dealing directly with sellers from China and you'll get the same service from any other seller. What do you expect? Until they come up with "Amazon like free shipping if defective" you are stuck with >$60 shipping fee. Although Aliexpress is offering Easy Returns option and it's up to seller to elect using it which would help DOA orders. I've tried it and ended up paying $10 shipping fee to ship it back to their California hub. This is where I ordered it:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-IPC-HDW4431C-A-Built-in-MIC-HD-4MP-IR-30m-IP-Camera-security-cctv-Dome/32580229073.html
OR they could send you a new POE board. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-PoE-Module-for-Security-CCTV-Network-IP-Cameras/1782796268.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.20.8h2Y9u&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10017_10036_10005_10035_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=d75cba57-733f-4447-ba35-23ee747e7004 It may or may not the the exact board but that one can be bought for 7 and free shipping. They aren't too worried about customer service.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Heh, you sounded surprised by the outcome as if it was your first purchase from China which had issues.
Nah, between my wife and myself we literally have thousands of purchases from China... I will admit though that I am usually pretty fortunate when it comes to decent outcomes when there is a problem/defect/etc. with sellers from China as I do my best to be both cordial and concise when there is a problem and supply whatever pics and/or videos they ask for to illustrate the problem. (Patience is also a must, eh? :toung: )

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They aren't too worried about customer service.
Most sellers at Aliexpress don't worry about customer service after they got your money and you left them five star feedback already. On other hand I've had positive after sales customer support with Longse and my bricked cam which I managed to screw up.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most sellers at Aliexpress don't worry about customer service after they got your money and you left them five star feedback already. On other hand I've had positive after sales customer support with Longse and my bricked cam which I managed to screw up.
Its a shame and is what it is. But glad to hear Longse is good. I just received 3 new Cantonk (longse) cameras today. Hope for same good news IF anything happens.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol sounds like klasipca has stock in the huisun company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know there's a language barrier. That said, I can only imagine how badly what I write could be construed if I had to google translate it into Chinese to post it there. But, I believe things have changed and I will get a POE module after all. Time will tell. :)

From Monica: "how are you.i have applied,pls wait for me five days.i will send you."

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Final update, they won't send me a new POE board unless I buy another camera from them, because they don't want to pay to ship it. So, I guess that ends it here...

-----------------------------

"how are you,if you buy one camera again,i will ask purchase department to buy one POE board to fix this camera,and send you with your new order,if you do not buy ,i can not apply $20 shipping fee,as i send one poe board to US about $20 shipping fee,
understand me?"
Other china sellers can ship free a $1.69 item. See this link below for a $1.69 item shipping free from china, I ordered 2 of these. I also recently bought a laser bore sighter for $9.95 and it shipped for free, I got it in 8 days from order date to delivery.

I am not going to believe it cost them 20.00 to ship small items, not for one nano second.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201507075685?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is another update to my original issue. I was able to return my Ver2 camera. Monitech worked with me on the return and offered to reimburse me for the $13.50 shipping. I was able to ship the camera to an address in New Jersey a week or so ago and today receive another camera. I opted to replace it with a Ver1 camera since I've had good service so far with the one I have for a couple of months. I've been bench testing it today and was told that they were testing it for a couple of days before shipping. I saw no benefit of Ver2 over Ver1 myself. Melissa agreed to discount me on my next purchase if I buy something else. I am almost camera poor with 14 cameras.
I would certainly recommend this store after this purchase and the way the problem was handled. This is the store I used.
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cKL8kJ88

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same things appears to have happened with my camera. I had it up and running for about 10 days, first set it up in a test environment in my garage, then mounted outside. Suddenly it just quit, I cannot ping it, my IPSearch software doesn't find it, my router doesn't see it. I have a Zyxel 16 port POE switch, which supplies 130w so power shouldn't be an issue, plus this camera was running off of this switch the entire time that I've had it up and running. When I plug this camera in to the switch the power light for the port lights green, but the activity light remains a solid green. My other POE cameras have blinking amber lights indicating activity (the problem camera also had an amber blinking activity light before it died). I restarted the switch and the activity light blinked about 3 times, then went to solid green again. I have tried using a different cable, a different port, and plugging in a known good camera to the same port and that camera worked without issue. I've opened the camera up to see if anything had come loose inside, everything appears to be OK. Can anyone think of anything else that I can try?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you waterproofing your connections? Have you tried giving it 12v power?