Mini-Review - 5442-Z4E-S3 AKA B54IR-Z4E S3 - Replacement to the 5442-Z4E

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^^ That package was being delivered at 4AM??
I recently discovered that option. Wanted a part the next morning so I could work on a project, and it didn't cost extra, so I tried it out. As it happened, I was awake at 4:30am and saw a light shine through the front windows and a car parked on the street. In my groggy state, I figured I'll have to contend with a home invasion, so I approached the door and prepared for the confrontation. Then I remembered my package was to arrive at something like 4-8am.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently discovered that option. Wanted a part the next morning so I could work on a project, and it didn't cost extra, so I tried it out. As it happened, I was awake at 4:30am and saw a light shine through the front windows and a car parked on the street. In my groggy state, I figured I'll have to contend with a home invasion, so I approached the door and prepared for the confrontation. Then I remembered my package was to arrive at something like 4-8am.
This mentality alone is why I am surprised Amazon or these workers would agree to 4am delivery. I am surprised we haven't heard of someone shot yet because someone with a quick finger gets careless.

In many instances they are vehicles and people that don't fit the neighborhood...

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This mentality alone is why I am surprised Amazon or these workers would agree to 4am delivery. I am surprised we haven't heard of someone shot yet because someone with a quick finger gets careless.

In many instances they are vehicles and people that don't fit the neighborhood...
Agreed. In my case (convicted felon), I'm not allowed to own a firearm. Any confrontation is legally required to be very personal.

All that aside, I'm the "minimum necessary force" sort of personality. Even if I were armed, I'd saunter out and play it cool for as long as others keep it cool.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It would be nice to see a 2.7-12mm version of this as a turret. Night time is very impressive. Day not as much - can't quite work out why it doesn't look as good. There's a slight stauration difference but mostly seems to be clarity rather than sharpness which may be the lens group. It's still good but maybe the smaller lens group would alter that into great as well as getting it into a T version.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be nice to see a 2.7-12mm version of this as a turret. Night time is very impressive. Day not as much - can't quite work out why it doesn't look as good. There's a slight stauration difference but mostly seems to be clarity rather than sharpness which may be the lens group. It's still good but maybe the smaller lens group would alter that into great as well as getting it into a T version.
There is the 5442-ZE that is a turret at 2.7to12mm, it is just if you want higher focal it has to be a bullet or PTZ.

5YMUB5DH7N

n3wb
Reaction score
The 2.7-12mm would be enough to me. But the 5442T-ze @f1restarter linked seems to be an older version (no mention of smd3.0 an the minimum Illumination is much worse) compared to the cam of this thread.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 2.7-12mm would be enough to me. But the 5442T-ze @f1restarter linked seems to be an older version (no mention of smd3.0 an the minimum Illumination is much worse) compared to the cam of this thread.
@bigredfish has the ZE turret version with the new GUI, so they are available.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is the 5442-ZE that is a turret at 2.7to12mm, it is just if you want higher focal it has to be a bullet or PTZ.
May I ask if there's a review or comparison for the new version? What's the model #? IPC-....? So that I can search for more info :)