IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
External/ONVIF trigger in BI

IVS intrusion box for camera

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, so pretty much what I'm doing.
One more question for the master, off-topic. You know the hex nut on the mount for the S3, what type of head and size of screwdriver does that take? PFB203.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Okay, I must have done something wrong. I used tripwire in the cameras in the IVS. I went into BI and turned off motion sensor. Now, nothing is alerting. I went into video and checked the box Get ONVIF trigger events. Should I not have turned off motion sensor?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is in two places, under the camera setting Get ONVIF triggers. Then under motion, you have to select External or ONVIF motion, depending on what version you are.

If you made the IVS rule after you set up the camera, it is good to hit the find/inspect again.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, we'll see what happens with alerts now. It is going to be quiet tonight, but we'll see tomorrow what happens. Thanks.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is in two places, under the camera setting Get ONVIF triggers. Then under motion, you have to select External or ONVIF motion, depending on what version you are.

If you made the IVS rule after you set up the camera, it is good to hit the find/inspect again.
Was there something special I had to do in the camera GUI other than set up an IVS to tripwire or to intrusion??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is the box you need to check.

In BI under camera is the find/inspect button where you type in IP and user and password.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes that is the box you need to check.

In BI under camera is the find/inspect button where you type in IP and user and password.
Yes, I did that. I'm now talking about in the camera itself. Don't I have to just go into IVS, setup the tripwire the way I want it, and then hit apply?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, by going to the alert tab, and checking the minimum time since actions to a higher number, will that make the alerts happen less often? I'm trying to get the alerts to happen with less frequency.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

Same. I gave up on dumb motion via BI and CodeProject AI long ago. The built-in IVS from Dahua on these newer cameras is damn near bulletproof. Especially when you couple it with Pushover alerts. I never miss anyone coming into my driveway anymore with this setup.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a bunch of several year old cameras though too. Not the new gui or the S3. I seem to be having an issue with those working properly and sending notifications or even getting alerts. I'll have to mess around some and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same. I gave up on dumb motion via BI and CodeProject AI long ago. The built-in IVS from Dahua on these newer cameras is damn near bulletproof. Especially when you couple it with Pushover alerts. I never miss anyone coming into my driveway anymore with this setup.
So, you're saying you don't use Code Project AI? Maybe that is what is causing my issue now with no alerts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots from the camera GUI showing the IVS rules and then the tabs for the camera in BI.

But yes if you are content with simple human and vehicle then you don't need to use CodeProject if you have a camera with AI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but why CodeProject on the camera if all you care about is human or vehicle and are only using the IVS rules? It will just delay the alert as it then has to process the AI that the camera did?