Mini-Review - 5442-ZE-S3 AKA T54IR-ZE-S3 - Replacement to 5442-ZE

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, but why CodeProject on the camera if all you care about is human or vehicle and are only using the IVS rules? It will just delay the alert as it then has to process the AI that the camera did?
So, I'll be fine without CodeProject? I have no problem with that. You are the master so I will listen to your advice. I will just stop CodeProject or should I just delete it.
I also found out what I was doing wrong for not getting alerts. I hadn't clicked on Smart Plan and highlighted it. My alerts now work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us simply use the AI IVS rules with no CodeProject.

I use CodeProject for the ALPR feature on one camera and to get me picture with the vehicle in the alert image instead of headlight bounce.

But if you are going to use the AI of the cameras, no need to even have CodeProject on the computer.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, but why CodeProject on the camera if all you care about is human or vehicle and are only using the IVS rules? It will just delay the alert as it then has to process the AI that the camera did?
Now, with the vehicles, will the camera IVS find any vehicle without CodeProject? Combine, Pickups, Tractors etc?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't have a combine go past me LOL.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may have to put CodeProject back on. I am getting a lot of false alerts that I have never gotten before. Little bugs, my flickering lanterns, a flash of light. Unless there is something I can do at the camera GUI I don't know.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may have to put CodeProject back on. I am getting a lot of false alerts that I have never gotten before. Little bugs, my flickering lanterns, a flash of light. Unless there is something I can do at the camera GUI I don't know.
Make sure you have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection turned OFF in the camera GUI.

CCTVThomas

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this new version (5442-ZE-S3 AKA) working with the bp2008 / DahuaSunriseSunset software?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this new version (5442-ZE-S3 AKA) working with the bp2008 / DahuaSunriseSunset software?
This new GUI (white/blue) does not work with that utility.

The APIs have changed and that utility is no longer supported.

Fortunately Dahua finally got the day/night switch to work properly with this new GUI so most can simply let available light dictate which profile is used.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is it possible to FTP snapshots from IVS motion alerts? I can't seem to find that functionality in the new GUI. Thanks

CCTVThomas

n3wb
Reaction score
This new GUI (white/blue) does not work with that utility.

The APIs have changed and that utility is no longer supported.

Fortunately Dahua finally got the day/night switch to work properly with this new GUI so most can simply let available light dictate which profile is used.
Thank you for the feedback!

leapard

n3wb
Reaction score
I need a couple of these cameras and a suitable 2 hdd NVR the image quality i see here is just so much better then what the 8mp HDW 3841T Zas 2.8 sensor models i have are able to provide.