Minimum illumination (lux) specifications

Reaction score
I compared the minimum illumination in lux for several Hikvision models.
DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2 MP Ultra-Low Light Network Turret (Hikvision UK & Ireland): 0.005 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON)

Same model on U.S. web site:
DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2 MP Ultra-Low Light Network Turret (DS-2CD2325FWD-I-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.): 0.008 lux, DarkFighter Technology

They specify different lux requirements for the same model on different sites. This makes me wonder whether they are actually different, and/or whether these are just boilerplate nominal numbers for marketing. It makes me also wonder whether Hikvision themselves know their cameras' light sensitivity. Can these numbers be verified, and have they ever been verified?

Model DS-2CD2335FWD-I (3MP DarkFighter) has the same as the 2MP model: 0.008 lux
DS-2CD2352-I (5MP) has significantly less sensitivity: 0.07Lux
DS-2CE56C5T-IT1 (720P): 0.001 Lux @(F1.2,AGC ON)
DS-2CD2542FWD-IS (mini dome, 4MP): 0.01 lux

It appears that generally higher resolutions result in lower sensitivity. the 4MP mini dome is surprisingly a bit of an outlier.

I am curious whether those numbers can actually be verified, or whether the lower lux cameras actually yield better images in real life at night. I am aware that this is only relevant when running the cameras at night in "day" mode with IR turned off. (IR seems to entail a variety of potential problems and lesser image quality, as has been discussed in other threads on this forum.)