'Minimum time between alerts' not working

Creeps

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to limit the number of alerts coming from a camera. I have enable and configured the 'Minimum time between alerts' option to 600 seconds for the appropriate camera profiles.

1580517710306.png

However I'm still getting alerts being reported. In this example where I have a camera in a bird box I continue to get alerts every few seconds when I'd like to keep these to every 10 mins.

1580517650880.png

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Have I misunderstood how and what this option does?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to limit the number of alerts coming from a camera. I have enable and configured the 'Minimum time between alerts' option to 600 seconds for the appropriate camera profiles.

View attachment 54898

However I'm still getting alerts being reported. In this example where I have a camera in a bird box I continue to get alerts every few seconds when I'd like to keep these to every 10 mins.

View attachment 54897

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Have I misunderstood how and what this option does?
Those a motion events, not alerts. An alert would be a notification to your phone or sound generated on the BI computer.

Creeps

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciate your help. And yes this makes sense, although the wording is somewhat confusing the the 'motion events' (which I have limited to only JPGs in this specific case), appear in the 'Alerts' section of BI GUI and the mobile app - hence my confusion with Alerts. Anyway every few seconds I get another still image in the Alerts list above because there is frequent movement.

In this case I can't for the life of me work out how to limit the number of motion events in the 'Alerts' lists. You can imagine how in my example where there is constant shuffling (movement) how the Alerts list becomes very long very quickly (which makes it difficult for the real security events on my main cameras to stand out). I still want to get a notification from these trivial cameras, but what I'd like to do is say only record a snapshot (and send an alert) every 600 secs (10 mins) during the day and then only 3600 secs (every hour) during the night profile. Do you know if this possible?

Cheers,
Steve

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your best bet might be creating camera groups and have a group without this camera. That way it's alerts/events don't clutter the alert list when you are trying to find real alerts from other cameras.

I have a camera to keep an eye on our new puppy during the day while he is in a pen. Had the same issue with tons of alerts in the list. I have a "Primary" camera group consisting of the cameras I truly care about alerts on, mostly outdoor ones. I then gave another group with just cameras related to the dogs.

I probably have 10 different groups used for different views. All of my LPR cameras are in their own so I don't have all the passing car alerts in the way when I'm trying to see if anyone was walking in our back yard, etc.

I'd have to look to remember what it is called/titled but there is a setting for considering re-triggers within a certain time to be the same event... Can't recall if that is the one you are referring to or different. @looney2ns is an expert and would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk