Misc questions

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks

Just started to work with BI. I have a few questions

1) Is the web plugin dahua camera wants to download to my browser malware-free and safe to use? Virustotal.com brings up one result
2)In clips, when I chose more items, it filled up my screen with clips and I cannot get the original view back with live camera view in the center and clips on left. What should I click on or is there a reset settings to bring back the default layout?
3) I can't find web server settings in blue iris
4) if blue iris machine down, does dahua camera buffer and send data later for missed minutes of recording
5) My recording is set to continuous. If I change pre-trigger from 0.0sec to 1sec, will that increase CPU %
6) With 1 camera, my CPU is at 15% steady for most of the time and sometimes jumps to 50% - is that normal?

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks

Just started to work with BI. I have a few questions

1) Is the web plugin dahua camera wants to download to my browser malware-free and safe to use? Virustotal.com brings up one result
2)In clips, when I chose more items, it filled up my screen with clips and I cannot get the original view back with live camera view in the center and clips on left. What should I click on or is there a reset settings to bring back the default layout?
3) I can't find web server settings in blue iris
4) if blue iris machine down, does dahua camera buffer and send data later for missed minutes of recording
5) My recording is set to continuous. If I change pre-trigger from 0.0sec to 1sec, will that increase CPU %
6) With 1 camera, my CPU is at 15% steady for most of the time and sometimes jumps to 50% - is that normal?

Thank you!
1) the dahua plug in is not related to BI. The newest firmware dont need plugins - see threads.
2) click on the more items icon again
3) blue iris options with all other settings
4) no
5) test it and see for yourself
6) no, see wiki on optimizing blue iris, you are likely not using direct to disk

Reaction score
4.) if blue iris is down, you have to rely on local SD card in the camera for the missing times
6.) what CPU do you have? As Fenderman said...#1 thing everyone should do when getting hold of Blue Iris is to do the optimization. I have an i7 with 9 camera's going and the cpu does not reach over 25% (granted, I have record only when motion detected, not continuous for the time being)

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't know the optimization is to be done before adding cameras; I'll follow the wiki and am already doing direct to disk

Also, I could not find any place in the wiki that shows where to download dahua firmware. Their site shows no results for IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
This is what I run currently - 2.800.0000008.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-19

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know the optimization is to be done before adding cameras; I'll follow the wiki and am already doing direct to disk

Also, I could not find any place in the wiki that shows where to download dahua firmware. Their site shows no results for IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
This is what I run currently - 2.800.0000008.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-19

Thx
what is your cpu? are you running the demo? are you using a local monitor or remoting in?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Core i5-6500
Demo version and sitting locally at the computer

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dohat leku
I have basically the same processor (i5-6600), and three 2MP cameras. My CPU sits at less than 10% for the BI process itself, less than 20% overall for all processes, and jumps to 30% when I am remotely viewing.

Like Fenderman said, this will drop once you purchase BI, as direct to disk doesn't actually work on the demo version as it has to re-encode the stream to add the 'evaluation version' overlay.