Missing alerts

crespoh69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently I noticed that AI in my Blue Iris setup doesn't always seem to flag movement on my cams. I have tenants that come and go and the cams are obviously recording them but, at times, they aren't being flagged and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out the how and why. As an example, I just had a tenant come back from grocery shopping and she parked her car in the driveway where I have a zone setup, no trigger. The car is bright white against grey cement so I feel there's enough contrast. She takes the groceries out of her car and drops them off in the back. Not 5 minutes later she has to leave again and she gets in her car and it is triggered.

I've set up BI to not hide failed/cancelled alerts and even there it doesn't seem to make note of cancelled events as if it doesn't notice movement but it's a good 40% of the screen that's taken up by the car.

Dell i5 7040
16GB memory
3 cams
BI Version - 5.7.6.8
Code Project AI Version - 2.0.8 (latest version keeps going offline)

Motion Trigger Settings
Min Obj Size - 100
Min Contrast - 20
Min Duration - 1 sec
Set to use Zones and hotspot

AI Settings
To confirm - person,car,truck,bicycle,dog,cat
Custom models - IPcam-combined
Min confidence - 80%
Real time images 10/sec
Begin analysis with motion leading image
New alert/analysis on re-trigger after cancellation
Burn label markup onto alert images
Save unknown faces
Use main stream if available (honestly change over to no substream at all)
Save AI analysis
Apply to motion triggers only
Static object analysis
auto-flag confirmed alerts

Break-time
End trigger unless retriggered within 4 secs
Maximum trigger 120 secs

Let me know if you need more info.

crespoh69

n3wb
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed today is that after some time, alerts just stop. I checked and don't have a schedule set in place either which is another strange thing.

1686714812803.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
as far as your first issue, are you missing triggers or alerts? If there is no trigger, lower your make time to 0.7 and change the algorithm to simple.
are you certain you didnt accidentally change profiles or change the shield from green to red?

crespoh69

n3wb
Reaction score
I am missing triggers which translates to my not getting alerts, my kids can be playing all day in the backyard and nothing is triggered as an example. For my make time, I already have it lowered to .2 but I did change the algorithim to simple as you suggested just now. The shield is set to green but I don't think that would be it as it wouldn't explain some cameras triggering and others not such as when someone comes in from the front yard and then to the back. Front yard may trigger but the back one won't or vice versa.